Are CCTV cameras in school toilets and changing rooms acceptable?

Untrue from who?

Whoever told me?

Or are you suggesting im lying?

Yes- I'm saying that you are lying OR just spreading vicious untrue rumors- whichever's easier for you.

I hear that some of the dinnerladies are actually Police officers undercover. They are planted to try and gain evidence of crime and anti-social behaviour.

I think maybe you're just trying to be funny but with little success.

don't have a problem with it - anymore than I have a problem with CCTV being in the playground. It's not recording any aspect where privacy might be expected. As long as there's no audio recording I don't see why anyone should be embarrassed!

(Who was that?) :suspect:

Yes- I'm saying that you are lying OR just spreading vicious untrue rumors- whichever's easier for you.

Sadly for you (and i realise for some reason ive hit a raw nerve, hey,, maybe its true) i happen to be telling the truth.

Perhaps my frind is too judging from your reaction:suspect:

I think a camera anywhere near the toilet would be massive cause for concern at home.

Same deal anywhere else in my view.

Why would it? How is it any different from the lovely aftershave sellers in town sat in toilets of bars? Or train stations where they too will have cameras around toilets. What is the issue? Would you prefer children to hold it in all day for fear of going to the toilets as bullies know this is the only non monitored place?

Whats the difference here between this and a peeping tom!!, im sorry but tjis is just wrong on so many levels!!

If it is directed to a neutral area such as a wash area,what harm can be done.Perhaps you think people would find the sight of a person washing their hands thrilling.I know in some book shops they have magazines such as Hygeinic Hands ,and Clean Hands for Dirty Minds selling in plain brown but this is a minority taste.

Why would it? How is it any different from the lovely aftershave sellers in town sat in toilets of bars? Or train stations where they too will have cameras around toilets. What is the issue? Would you prefer children to hold it in all day for fear of going to the toilets as bullies know this is the only non monitored place?

Regardless of my reasons for objecting dont you think we are being filmed/recorded enough?

The most CCTV'd country on the planet!

Enoughs enough!!

The camera's are likely to be on the ceiling of the room, and I would guess that they are fixed cameras which are not movable. It would look pretty suspicious if a "pervert" or "prankster" started climbing up a ladder to try and move the camera to view over the tops of cubilces.

Fixed cameras? Don't all CCTV cameras need to be adjustable? Otherwise they would be almost impossible to mount and get right first time!

Ceiling mounting is obvious, as it's a bit silly putting them on the floor. Most modern schools don't have hugely high ceiling these days, so reaching the camera wouldn't pose too much of a problem for whoever.

I don't have any real objection to them being mounted outside the toilets to monitor who goes in and who comes out, but over the threshold is in my view a step too far!

Regardless of my reasons for objecting dont you think we are being filmed/recorded enough?

The most CCTV'd country on the planet!

Enoughs enough!!

Not really as I have nothing to hide.

Agree 100%

I find it disturbing. Imagine what social services would say if you told them you film your kids whilst they are changing or using the toilet.

Family courts anyone?

Perhaps you should keep your habits secret rather than advertising them here?

Sadly for you (and i realise for some reason ive hit a raw nerve, hey,, maybe its true) i happen to be telling the truth.

Perhaps my frind is too judging from your reaction:suspect:

So you have gone from 'I have heard that' straight to 'I happen to be telling the truth' in 2 posts- impressive.

If you are telling the truth then you won't mind sharing the proof of this with the rest of us? :D

don't have a problem with it - anymore than I have a problem with CCTV being in the playground. It's not recording any aspect where privacy might be expected. As long as there's no audio recording I don't see why anyone should be embarrassed!

(Who was that?) :suspect:

So why are parents (in a lot of schools) banned from taking pictures of their kiddies doing sport on school sports day?