Hillsborough document release

Is your memory more, or less accurate than your Latin?

Oh dear is that the best you can do..my memory is fine thanks...hey what's it like being perfect?

---------- Post added 11-06-2014 at 12:54 ----------

I think the comment about 'fans not being filtered and directed' is a very relevant one......I believe the police brief that morning was something along the lines of....'this year we are going to do it diffeLi rently, we are not going to treat the supporters like animals, but treat them like we would theatre crowds or tennis crowds'.......I was told this on the morning of the match by someone on duty there......how sadly ironic.......

I think that probably the fact that Chief Super Brian Mole had been replaced by Dukinfield had a lot to do with that..."new broom" and all that, as you say sadly ironic..

just been watching the news and it has been said that if Brian Mole had been in charge that day,the tragedy probably wouldn't have happened.

superfluous post

Edited by Mr Bloom

I agree......also maybe someone should have questioned the briefing that was given before the match......

It wasn't just Liverpool fans that did this though, was it? Everyone and their grandmother knew that this was a weak spot at the ground and that's why it should have been protected. iWhere do you get your evidence that his happened on this particular day? As it's been stated huge amounts of ticketless fans turning up is a myth. Do you still believe the police's line that fans stormed the gate and forced it open? Even they've had to give up on that one!

If fans had been directed and filtered through an organised approach to the ground as had apparently happened the previous year, then there would not have been an 'unruly mob'. It's bizarre, are you a regular match goer?, only as a regular match-goer you know that if you've not been 'filtered' appropriately, this happens, large, excited, crowds of fans who unexpectedly find themselves in a relatively unfamiliar and possibly dangerous situation, particularly where crushing injuries may ensue, where they don't want to be, whether they be at a football match or an Elton John concert, don't tend to be that great at organising themselves.

This would have been exacerbated by the fact of the short arrival time as printed on the tickets. In fact if all fans had arrived by that time, the Taylor report says that due to inadequate turnstiles and filtering there would still be a large number of fans outside the ground at the time of kick-off. Maybe it's actually a good job that a lot of people did hang around enjoying the sunshine and soaking up the atmosphere, enjoying another pint, or maybe the situation would have been even worse if they had not had this staggered approach of fans.

I think your post highlights the mindset of the day then, you, the police, the tabloid press, see 'an unruly mob', whereas a regular match go-er would see a mismanaged set of individuals like you and me.

---------- Post added 10-06-2014 at 17:47 ----------

And they still do. And they still sell alcohol (with a huge mark up of course!) at Wembley concourse. And fans have it almost poured down their throats incessantly, the Carling Cup, advert after advert in association with sports events, and not to forget the supermarkets urging us to stock up our ale in huge quantities ready to watch the games at home.

And still fans who have been drinking are labelled as the evil-doers!

Are you sniffing glue as you're writing?

So, nobody has a choice not to drink as the nasty advertisers are making everyone drink whether they want to or not?

I can't remember walking past the Guiness tent on Fargate on Paddy's Day and seeing Guiness rep's pinning people to the floor whilst forcing it down their throats. Nor do I get a succession of Carlsberg rep's knocking on my door threatening violence unless I drink their lager.

I see a lot of food adverts but I'm not a lard arse.

What ever happened to adults having the ability to make their own choice?

No one forces anyone to drink alcohol. If you're stupid enough to drink to excess and then act like a tit, that's your choice, nobody else's.

So, nobody has a choice not to drink as the nasty advertisers are making everyone drink whether they want to or not?

I can't remember walking past the Guiness tent on Fargate on Paddy's Day and seeing Guiness rep's pinning people to the floor whilst forcing it down their throats. Nor do I get a succession of Carlsberg rep's knocking on my door threatening violence unless I drink their lager.

No one forces anyone to drink alcohol. If you're stupid enough to drink to excess and then act like a tit, that's your choice, nobody else's.

There's a difference between "forced" and encouraged.

There's a difference between "forced" and encouraged.

Dear oh dear!!

Every advert you see encourages you to do something. So lets all show absolutely no self control and drink/eat/I Pad/buy a new car/DIY, etc ourselves to death, eh?

You sound lovely.:roll:

You sound lovely.:roll:

Thank you for that well balanced, informative response.

You sound daft. :roll:

On the day of this disaster I was outside the Swan Morton works .

There were indeed hundreds of fans (drunk and sober) making their way

to Leppings lane.I believe there is blame to be attached to both fans and the

authorities.

BUT

In all these years, as far as I am aware,not one Liverpool fan has ever

admitted contributing to the disaster.

Makes you wonder.

Dear oh dear!!

Every advert you see encourages you to do something. So lets all show absolutely no self control and drink/eat/I Pad/buy a new car/DIY, etc ourselves to death, eh?

Indeed. The only way late arriving Liverpool fans are entirely blameless is if you absolve them of all personal responsibilty. So that is what has happened.

Now we have to view them as some mindless object that the police failed to control and the stadium wasn't suitable for.

Its not something that sits well with me.

I really cannot see how a few thousand people pushing to get in can be seen as reasonable behaviour.

On the day of this disaster I was outside the Swan Morton works .

There were indeed hundreds of fans (drunk and sober) making their way

to Leppings lane.I believe there is blame to be attached to both fans and the

authorities.

BUT

In all these years, as far as I am aware,not one Liverpool fan has ever

admitted contributing to the disaster.

Makes you wonder.

I've been to hundreds of matches where you could say the same. Point is nobody died though.