Parson Cross Hotel - Closed Until Further Notice

Not that I'm complaining but does anyone know why the Parson Cross Hotel on Deerlands Avenue is closed?

There's notices in the windows stating 'Closed Until Further Notice'

I've heard on the grapevine that its was the police who ordered it to be closed. I think a new landlord took it over a while back because it seemed that the outside was being spruced up a little.

From another thread...................

A pub on Parson Cross has been temporary closed after members of Sheffield Council's Licensing Sub Committee removed their licence following an application from South Yorkshire Police.

Members of the Licensing Committee also determined to modify the conditions of the licence and removed the Designated Premises Supervisor.

Following the lengthy meeting that lasted a number of hours, it was agreed that The Parson Cross Hotel on Deerlands Avenue be closed for a period of 3 months, unless an appeal is made and that strict conditions be imposed on it's reopening.

The conditions are as follows;

• No licensable activities at the premises for a period of 3 months, i.e sale of alcohol and entertainment

• No under 18's allowed on the premises

• The Challenge 25 scheme in relation to the sale of alcohol to be in operation

• To obtain membership of the Licence Watch Scheme

• Staff training to be provided along with records of training to be kept

• No alcohol to be taken outside the premises

• No tables and chairs to be situated outside the premises

• A refusal log in relation to the sale of alcohol to be kept

• The use of a drug box for any confiscated drugs etc

• During Sheffield Wednesday F.C home fixtures, pool cues and balls are to be locked away and security staff to be employed.

Inspector Simon Leake of South Yorkshire Police said: "Yesterday I attended the Town Hall and presented a case to Sheffield Licensing Board in relation to the Parson Cross Hotel Public House.

"As a result of the presentation the board changed the conditions of the licence.

Not that I'm complaining but does anyone know why the Parson Cross Hotel on Deerlands Avenue is closed?

There's notices in the windows stating 'Closed Until Further Notice'

I've heard on the grapevine that its was the police who ordered it to be closed. I think a new landlord took it over a while back because it seemed that the outside was being spruced up a little.

In star a few weeks back.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/no-booze-order-at-sheffield-pub-1-4825853

im sure its a listed building hence why it never went years ago when the council was knocking everything down

Not sure there is a document detailing all listed buildings in Sheffield, quite an interesting read actually https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/planning/conservation/Sheffields-Listed-Buildings-March-2013/Sheffields%20Listed%20Buildings%20March%202012.pdf

From another thread...................

A pub on Parson Cross has been temporary closed after members of Sheffield Council's Licensing Sub Committee removed their licence following an application from South Yorkshire Police.

Members of the Licensing Committee also determined to modify the conditions of the licence and removed the Designated Premises Supervisor.

Following the lengthy meeting that lasted a number of hours, it was agreed that The Parson Cross Hotel on Deerlands Avenue be closed for a period of 3 months, unless an appeal is made and that strict conditions be imposed on it's reopening.

The conditions are as follows;

• No licensable activities at the premises for a period of 3 months, i.e sale of alcohol and entertainment

• No under 18's allowed on the premises

• The Challenge 25 scheme in relation to the sale of alcohol to be in operation

• To obtain membership of the Licence Watch Scheme

• Staff training to be provided along with records of training to be kept

• No alcohol to be taken outside the premises

• No tables and chairs to be situated outside the premises

• A refusal log in relation to the sale of alcohol to be kept

• The use of a drug box for any confiscated drugs etc

• During Sheffield Wednesday F.C home fixtures, pool cues and balls are to be locked away and security staff to be employed.

Inspector Simon Leake of South Yorkshire Police said: "Yesterday I attended the Town Hall and presented a case to Sheffield Licensing Board in relation to the Parson Cross Hotel Public House.

"As a result of the presentation the board changed the conditions of the licence.

Another sterling decision made by the police not. Do they not understand criminials are easier to monitor if they are all in one place. Thats why I couldnt understand why they closed the cannon pub in Sheffield. What will happen now is these 'people' will dispers to other drinking holes and spoil it for others. Good thinking South Yorkshire coppers.