Groupon Sheffield again

vix2000

I think groupon is fab! I have used it for all kinds of experiences from `zorbing` in a giant hamster ball, scuba diving lessons, hairdressing, spa days, cream teas, beauty treatments, dining out, cocktail nights and hotel stays to name but a few. i`ve had laughs sharing these with friends and family, and have enjoyed being pampered for `me time`. occasionally a deal may not work out, and in these instances i have contacted groupon direct. their response have been quick, efficient and have been credited to my account. i am a positive, happy person who enjoys new experiences which are offered and i`ve recommended groupon to friends who now use it too.

Groupon is a con. Most of the places that sell them simply inflate the price temporarily to show a large 'discount' but never really charge the full price they're claiming the reduction is from.

Two things...

1. if a deal looks too good to be true it usually is.

2. Every groupon deal I have ever purchased, (95% restaurant related) have all represented at least a 40% saving. :-)

Sorry this wasnt a direct response to you, just used your post to reply too..

I've had a few deals with KGB and never had any problems. I find them very good and have never had a company refuse to honour the deal like I have with Groupon. Then again, it is hit and miss as I have also had some good deals with Groupon.

MEH ? :hihi::hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, if you give the merchant the right experience and they have a say in the deal, then they come back.

We are only a small business, but we try and answer any customer questions straight away. Our business was set up following an interview with Groupon 2 years ago. We wanted to take the great stuff they did and try and get rid of the bad stuff that they do.

Groupon can be a great model for people that want Loads of customers into their business, the problem only occurs when it becomes too many or the advert is wrong.

As a Sheffield business we tend to bump into alot of our merchants networking, so we like to try and make sure everything is right for them. We also now send out on average 130,000 SMS messages for them per week as part of the service.

I think there will always be a few problems on deals, if the sales person doesnt explain everything or understates the impact it can have..... BUT if everything is done in the right way there shouldn't be any problems. I have had some good things off all the main multinational sites but I have also had alot of cancelled deals via them too.

In my experience, if you give the merchant the right experience and they have a say in the deal, then they come back.

We are only a small business, but we try and answer any customer questions straight away. Our business was set up following an interview with Groupon 2 years ago. We wanted to take the great stuff they did and try and get rid of the bad stuff that they do.

Groupon can be a great model for people that want Loads of customers into their business, the problem only occurs when it becomes too many or the advert is wrong.

As a Sheffield business we tend to bump into alot of our merchants networking, so we like to try and make sure everything is right for them. We also now send out on average 130,000 SMS messages for them per week as part of the service.

I think there will always be a few problems on deals, if the sales person doesnt explain everything or understates the impact it can have..... BUT if everything is done in the right way there shouldn't be any problems. I have had some good things off all the main multinational sites but I have also had alot of cancelled deals via them too.

If it works for you - great!

But if your regular price is 12 quid, Groupon offer it for 11 (and probably charge you a pound for doing so (and a local customer comes in and offers you 10 / particularly if he says he will come back next week too, what would you say?

If it works for you - great!

But if your regular price is 12 quid, Groupon offer it for 11 (and probably charge you a pound for doing so (and a local customer comes in and offers you 10 / particularly if he says he will come back next week too, what would you say?

Thats great, but these deals are generally done to advertise a new service, promote a business or simply to try and build a database.

These are generally the reasons for all advertising, otherwise our newspapers or magazines would be free. The difference with this form of advertising is that the merchant doesnt pay out any money for the service and its a direct form of advertising.

For me im delighted if a local person goes into a shop and says he will be back next week. Love seeing local places do well.

This advertising does work, if it didnt the likes of GAP, Marks & Spencers & Ocado wouldnt use it. Sometimes it just tempts people that have been meaning to try somewhere to try it out. Generally if you visit a restaurant, get good service and a fantastic meal then you will go back.

• 1 month later...