Decent bait suppliers

froggi

Re-kindling my interests in fishing so having been out of the area for a decent while and only back for the last few years, I'm looking for good tackle shops who stock a fair range of kit but more so, excellent bait (by bait, I mean your bread & butter stuff of maggots, casters and the like).

I'm on the south side of Sheffield and my closest shop in relation to my favoured fishing is 6am in Swallownest... Any suggestions please????

Six am tackle is a decent shop & the owner is very helpful & is bait is top notch.

Cheaper baits can be got from the shop at Aston ponds if you're after maggot/casters but his pellet prices are close to criminal.

For best bait it's my view that Bankside is reliable.

Where?? Wybourn??? Unit near old Hyde Park flats???

Always found Jolleys good for hemp but a bit hit and miss with prep and splitting.... Can you get pigeon feed from Cricket Inn pet supplies

Edited by froggi
Additional info

they used to sell pigeon feed but even if they havent got it in stock they would usually order it you no problems, i used to go regularly down there for my bait but now i mainly fish commercials where you need to use fishery own pellets, and when i dont ive usually got plenty of half bags of fishery pellets left which i pour into a big tub of same size pellets.