Chemical Straightening - Caucasian hair

I'm thinking of getting this done and was wondering if anybody has had it done in the past and what the results are like.

Is it absolutely bone straight, and do you never have to do any other type of straightening on it after it's done? Can you get up in the morning and just comb your hair and go out rather than having to do extra straightening with irons? Does it make your hair coarser or is it smoother?

I think my local salon specifically uses Wella chemical straightening.

Any advice much appreciated! Ta

I'm thinking of getting this done and was wondering if anybody has had it done in the past and what the results are like.

Is it absolutely bone straight, and do you never have to do any other type of straightening on it after it's done? Can you get up in the morning and just comb your hair and go out rather than having to do extra straightening with irons? Does it make your hair coarser or is it smoother?

I think my local salon specifically uses Wella chemical straightening.

Any advice much appreciated! Ta

Surely that would only apply if the method used effected the root?

Surely that would only apply if the method used effected the root?

I meant having to use hair straightener to get it properly straight each day - or if it it's straight without that.

I meant having to use hair straightener to get it properly straight each day - or if it it's straight without that.

Which ever way you look at it it's going to end up curly if that's your natural look. If you straighten it mechanically or chemically it's going to end up like you just put yer finger in a socket sooner rather than later. One may last longer than the other but I would guess by not that much.

Which ever way you look at it it's going to end up curly if that's your natural look. If you straighten it mechanically or chemically it's going to end up like you just put yer finger in a socket sooner rather than later. One may last longer than the other but I would guess by not that much.

Yes I know. The parts that aren't straightened will grow back as normal.

But what I want to know is will the hair that's actually been straightened need additional day to day straightening.

Basically I don't want to have to use straighteners and blow dry my wavy hair every other day. If chemical straightening straightens hair to the extent where you can simply get up in the morning and comb your hair and go out then I want to get it done. But if it only straightens it to a certain extent and you still have use straighteners day to day I won't bother.

Do you see what I'm asking? If it means you don't have to style your hair every day then I want to get it.

Anyway you wouldn't know. You're a bloke. And you're called Ron so you're probably bald too, most people called Ron are.

Oh, and I think it's permanent anyway, so it lasts a lot longer.

Yes I know. The parts that aren't straightened will grow back as normal.

But what I want to know is will the hair that's actually been straightened need additional day to day straightening.

Basically I don't want to have to use straighteners and blow dry my wavy hair every other day. If chemical straightening straightens hair to the extent where you can simply get up in the morning and comb your hair and go out then I want to get it done. But if it only straightens it to a certain extent and you still have use straighteners day to day I won't bother.

Do you see what I'm asking? If it means you don't have to style your hair every day then I want to get it.

Anyway you wouldn't know. You're a bloke. And you're called Ron so you're probably bald too, most people called Ron are.

I'm not a Ron, and I aint got a red neck, but you prob aint a pup either.

I worked in a salon for 2 days sweeping hair when I was young, I know everything about hair.:rant:

Oh, and I think it's permanent anyway, so it lasts a lot longer.

You need to read that back to yourself. :D

I think you still have to do some amount of styling. I was going to have mine waved and the hairdresser was really honest and told me it'd be more upkeep than just waving it myself. I'd ring around some places and get an opinion. I would guess it'll still wave slightly if you've got super curly hair.

Plus, its very damaging so could turn frizzy.

My friend has really curly frizzy hair. She straightens it, and at the slightest hint of moisture it frizzes back up. She now buys Afro hair relaxer from the Castle market. The woman on the stall has warned her not to use it as it won't work on her hair with her being white. It does work. Once its straight, its straight, and the frizziness is gone for ages until it grows out a bit. Much cheaper, and I believe, less damaging to the hair than chemical straightening.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hair - my problem was that one side would curl towards my face and the other side would curl outwards - I don't think there has ever been a fashionable hairstyle for this problem

Please don't aspire to have poker straight hair :(

I have very long hair right down to the tip of my bum and it is dead straight.

It just hangs there boring and is very fine and flyaway..

I would kill for some curls or kinks or anything to make it different :)

Want to swap heads :D