I need some urgent advice about moving to Sheffield

yes matey its an over reaction its not that bad just keep yourself to yourself and dont bad mouth people then u be fine. some places arent ideal at night but you get that most places trust me you will be fine its just a wind up on parents behalf

thanks its just they say that sometimes if they dont like the look of you they will stab you too but idk about that tbh :o

You met this girl on the internet and you are seeking advice as to whether to meet her on the internet.

Here's an idea - why not get a couple of your friends together and get her to get a couple of her friends together and meet for the day at a theme park? When you meet face to face you may not even like each other so at least that way you can still have a good day out rather than be suck for a week in a strange city with strangers.

yeah i guess thats a good idea :P thanks man!

this post is like a yo yo in Sheffield, in general, in Sheffield.........

Ok my last thread got me no where so im basically going to ask why are my family saying to me (a 16 year old ) going to sheffield on my own to meet a group of old mates is really dangerous to the fact of people my age stabbing and shooting... what really scared me was my dad saying i should say my goodbyes to my mum cos i may not return alive is this a over reaction?!?!

There are many reasons why it is a bad idea, but you have added a new one - you have a lot of growing up to do. You obviously didn't like the replies you got so you started a new thread and changed your story. Firstly you were meeting a stranger/girl you've only met on the internet and then you post a new thread about meeting up with old friends.

Hmmmmm interesting isn't it OP - people can tell you anything on the internet.:rolleyes:

Don't move to Sheffield, its very dangerous, especially for Cornish people!

There are many reasons why it is a bad idea, but you have added a new one - you have a lot of growing up to do. You obviously didn't like the replies you got so you started a new thread and changed your story. Firstly you were meeting a stranger/girl you've only met on the internet and then you post a new thread about meeting up with old friends.

Hmmmmm interesting isn't it OP - people can tell you anything on the internet.:rolleyes:

Its because he wants to start a postcode rant thing ...........he / she/ they probably 50 year olds sat in Rotherham.

I'm a size 0 supermodel. Pah it's always the same when I'm driving around in my Ferrari - damn speed humps all up the road to my house. You might have heard of it - it's on google maps its called Chatsworth, so I have got a spare room if you want to stay OP?

Don't move to Sheffield, its very dangerous, especially for Cornish people!

That'd be cuz they don't put Hendersons on their pasties :rant:

If he wants to come here, then let him! It's a lesson in life!

I remember going on holiday to St Ives in Cornwall for a weeks holiday when I was 16. It's pithered down with rain for the first 4 days, and they got fed up and wanted to go home. I pleaded with them, could I stay there alone for the rest of the holiday. How are you going to get back they said. I'll hitch hike I said!....That was that..they left and there I was alone in a strange town with not much money, and no planned way of getting home. But I survived, and learnt a few valuable lessons on the way back home!

You only learn things in life by making some mistakes. People can tell you whatever they like, but you have to make your own mistakes in order to learn from them!

everyone's saying not to come up as the girl might not be a girl and might infact be some hairy fat man....but.....how do we know HE'S not the one pretending to be a 16 year old boy? :suspect: just stay in cornwall, its far better than sheffield!!! i had lovely holidays down there when i was a child. :D plus if its a relationship your after sometimes long distance relationships dont work..:( but to be fare sheffs not all bad, you get good and bad in all places/areas, just keep yourself to yourself and you'l be fine :hihi:

If he wants to come here, then let him! It's a lesson in life!

I remember going on holiday to St Ives in Cornwall for a weeks holiday when I was 16. It's pithered down with rain for the first 4 days, and they got fed up and wanted to go home. I pleaded with them, could I stay there alone for the rest of the holiday. How are you going to get back they said. I'll hitch hike I said!....That was that..they left and there I was alone in a strange town with not much money, and no planned way of getting home. But I survived, and learnt a few valuable lessons on the way back home!

You only learn things in life by making some mistakes. People can tell you whatever they like, but you have to make your own mistakes in order to learn from them!

i couldn't agree more! well said :banana: