I need some urgent advice about moving to Sheffield

Fear not, we aren't inbreds up here :)

If only we could award points to acknowledge the subtlety of a cleverly crafted response! :thumbsup:

so as i said if i go with another family member ?

My advice would be to leave your bedroom /internet and get out and make some real friends, go to school/college and enjoy some real life. You are a young lad and there is so much fun and life that is not behind a keyboard.

You may also want to reflect on how available you're making yourself, and how eager you are to travel half-way across the country at the request of some girl. That's something for you to think about.

Aside from that, you should also give some thought to your own safety, make sure you're not jumping in to something without any control or any kind of exit strategy. If you have people around you, family members, close friends etc; generally, that helps create a safe environment; but then, it can also be good for you to go out in to the world, and take responsibility for your own safety.

So, in short, don't be dumb; make sure you plan and prepare, and take responsibility for your own safety.

adult... and i have a real life 0.o im forever playin football and all that i dont barley go on the internet just recently wanted to go on holdiay so i thought it would be a good place to go

You may also want to reflect on how available you're making yourself, and how eager you are to travel half-way across the country at the request of some girl. That's something for you to think about.

Aside from that, you should also give some thought to your own safety, make sure you're not jumping in to something without any control or any kind of exit strategy. If you have people around you, family members, close friends etc; generally, that helps create a safe environment; but then, it can also be good for you to go out in to the world, and take responsibility for your own safety.

So, in short, don't be dumb; make sure you plan and prepare, and take responsibility for your own safety.

thanks for the comment ill take this into mind :)

Ok my last thread got me no where so im basically going to ask why are my family saying to me (a 16 year old ) going to sheffield on my own to meet a group of old mates is really dangerous to the fact of people my age stabbing and shooting... what really scared me was my dad saying i should say my goodbyes to my mum cos i may not return alive is this a over reaction?!?!

Oh yeah one last thing im not street wise at all cos im from cornwall :P

There's bad everywhere, but much of it is concentrated in a small area.

Liverpool city centre is a pretty safe place to go, but head several miles out of the city to Norris Green and you take your life in your hands.

Same with Sheffield, the city centre should be fine.

But then again....

Boy raped at Manchester Debenhams after Arndale Centre abduction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19330927

yes matey its an over reaction its not that bad just keep yourself to yourself and dont bad mouth people then u be fine. some places arent ideal at night but you get that most places trust me you will be fine its just a wind up on parents behalf

adult... and i have a real life 0.o im forever playin football and all that i dont barley go on the internet just recently wanted to go on holdiay so i thought it would be a good place to go

You met this girl on the internet and you are seeking advice as to whether to meet her on the internet.

Here's an idea - why not get a couple of your friends together and get her to get a couple of her friends together and meet for the day at a theme park? When you meet face to face you may not even like each other so at least that way you can still have a good day out rather than be suck for a week in a strange city with strangers.

i want to go i really do but the fact of my life is at risk but it can be like this anywhere right?