DLA entitlements

hello

i was hoping that someone could tell me what entitlements you are eligible for once you are in receipt of DLA.

all feedback is thankfully appreciated.

im aware of the amounts of money the DLA pay out. thank you for the link though x

i was looking at things like extras which disabled people ie blue badge and such. entries to places if so which places. where in sheffield can one make full use of their blue badge?

ha.

It was this bit :

Effect on other benefits and entitlements

If your claim for Disability Living Allowance is successful, you may get extra money paid with your:

I was trying to point you too.

Perhaps post your question in the Disability forum for more informed answers?

Post removed due to my disgust in SF

Edited by cryptic1

You get a free car, free parking, free bus travel, meals on wheels, carers to get you up and put you to bed, free car servicing and insurance, crutches, wheelchair, free council tax, rent, someone to walk your dogs, cut your grass, free prescriptions, ra di da di da....

But your neighbours and friends talk about you behind your back but never talk to you any more, you get an occasional brick through the window, scratches on your beautiful new car, then the DWP investigate you and charge you with fraud on a technicality, The Sun and Sheffield Star run articles about you, and you get depressed, suicidal, and lose everything.

Sorry but you need to be warned.

What free car? Last time I checked this so called "free car" isnt free. It comes out the mobility component of DLA. To which not everyone can afford to have cut to get this so called "free" car you mentioned.

In case you are wondering im not in reciept on any benefits. I work full time and pay my taxes. Hoewver my 80 year old dad does get DLA. He did ask me about the mobility scheme. But lost interest when I told him it will cost him in terms of his mobility component and he will have to give to car back at the end of the lease perioid. His exact words was "Its a con, im better of just paying you for the cost to diesel when you take me out"

Edited by moooo

thank you for your input guys.

i were looking more towards the small things such as reduced payment for parking, free travel and such.

do you actually get free wheelchairs? how do i go about that?

i cant drive so car doesnt appeal anyway.

i were looking more towards the small things such as reduced payment for parking, free travel and such.

if you dont drive why would reduced parking payment for parking be any good?

Any additional things that you are entitled to will depend on which level of DLA you get.

It would help enormously if you could tell us what DLA you are asking about, All the post above may be wrong which part of the Mobility are you on the higher or lower one

high mobility and care. kidley

my sister runs me around in a car if you really need to know. its nice to have a little priority for her, makes me feel less of a burden. mike 84

You have all my Sympathy, but watch the blue badge not all city/towns are the same what is free in Sheffield is not free in other places, Good Luck

Good Luck in applying. My dad got his with the help of local CAB who helped him fill in the forms.

To get the disabled blue badge you need to obtain the higher rate for the mobility component of DLA to automatically qualify.

Alternatively you can apply direct to the council who will assess your application.