Are some drivers idiots or just plain ignorant?

100% of them must've managed to pass them at some point though... ? Unless they're all illegal of course!

As for motorcyclists driving defensively, you're not including those that zig zag between lanes of traffic on the Parkway and elsewhere just to get a little bit further up the queue?

Not defending car drivers by the way, far too easy to get a licence it seems, and the stream of learner drivers seems to be growing every day!

This is typical of the ignorant car driver ........... the zig zag referred to is actually called filtering and is a legal manouvre according to the speed at which it is deployed.

My pet hates:

Sowing down on approaching a green light to allow it to turn to red (see it frequently with elderly drivers)

Just managing to get through an amber light safely and then stopping in the middle of a junction because it's turned red behind you.

Stopping at an empty roundabout to slowly look right and left

Getting in the right lane of a carriageway and proceeding to drive way under the limit because you're turning right in 2 miles.

Being incapable of overtaking a cyclist without 50ft of room

Overtaking someone to get behind a clearly visible lorry or bus

Leaving your indicator on

Inside lane are for lorrys, middle lane are for people who wants to cruise and outer are for brainless people wasting more fuel when you can cave so much cruising at 60mph in the middle lane without many lorrys in your way

No. Traffic should keep to the left as much as possible unless overtaking. Large wagons are banned from using the right most lane on 3 or more lane motorways.

I guess you are one of those cluless people who sit illegally in lane 2 at 60mph then...?

Can't do links as I am on a mobile device but rule 223:

Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.

How many don't do this? I've lost count. Absolutely bust their balls to get round the buses when pulling out of the stops.

That's not a law though - it's just good manners. When buses stop spewing so much black cud out the exhaust I may start to be more charitable to them, but at present if I'm overtaking a stationary one and it's indicator goes on I'll carry on I'm afraid.

Scum of the earth.

AND costly ones....in cases where TAX PAYERS money is used to broaden motorways from three lanes to four; I believe this would be totally unnessary if folk obeyed the highway code and KEPT TO THE RIGHT EXCEPT WHEN OVERTAKING!! It's lazy inept driving. They simply can't be arsed to concentrate and keep checking their mirrors to establish where they are on the road in relation to other traffic.

My pet hates:

Sowing down on approaching a green light to allow it to turn to red (see it frequently with elderly drivers)

Just managing to get through an amber light safely and then stopping in the middle of a junction because it's turned red behind you.

Stopping at an empty roundabout to slowly look right and left

Getting in the right lane of a carriageway and proceeding to drive way under the limit because you're turning right in 2 miles.

Being incapable of overtaking a cyclist without 50ft of room

Overtaking someone to get behind a clearly visible lorry or bus

Leaving your indicator on

Yep mine too!

That's not a law though - it's just good manners. When buses stop spewing so much black cud out the exhaust I may start to be more charitable to them, but at present if I'm overtaking a stationary one and it's indicator goes on I'll carry on I'm afraid.

Whenever appropriate (and safe to do so) I will always give way to buses (and others) but I agree, just how many buses do this to you? Its rude and dangerous!!! :rant:

Whenever appropriate (and safe to do so) I will always give way to buses (and others) but I agree, just how many buses do this to you? Its rude and dangerous!!! :rant:

How many buses do what - blow black smoke or pull out on me thinking the magic winking light suddenly gives them divine sheilding against harm?

How many buses do what - blow black smoke or pull out on me thinking the magic winking light suddenly gives them divine sheilding against harm?

both points

both points

More than half of the ones I encounter on both points.

100% of them must've managed to pass them at some point though... ? Unless they're all illegal of course!

As for motorcyclists driving defensively, you're not including those that zig zag between lanes of traffic on the Parkway and elsewhere just to get a little bit further up the queue?

Not defending car drivers by the way, far too easy to get a licence it seems, and the stream of learner drivers seems to be growing every day!

Wrong.

Not everyone with a full British driving licence had even taken a theory exam let alone passed it.