Koi/carp fishing in sheffield

just wondering if any1 knows of any koi carp fisheries in or near sheffield or failing that just a good carp fishing pond....was told about a broken lock on sheffield canal that was ment to have got 30-50 koi and mirror carp in near meadowhall train line) can any1 point me in a nice direction :help::P

You cant fish for Koi, its illegal to introduce to water ways in britain,mirror carp,yeah.Koi and carp are the same word.

best bet is hayfield lakes,loads of big koi there had them over 10lb

when has it been against the law to fish for koi???????? there are fishing programs on NOW where matt Hayes is fishing for koi i don't think they would put him braking the law on national telly????? and koi/carp same word so in the pet shops where they sell said fish there telling u too buy a carp/carp

there labeled as koi carp (koi is the Japanese word for carp) in England a KOI CARP is a decorative fish (garden pond )

there's a koi in Sheffield canal now its the 3rd lock from the barges(boats) very hard to doesn't like any kind off food/bait seems to just swim past ur float/bubble float an look as if to say jog on ahahaha

There's a few in Harlesthorpe dam at Clowne, if it's illegal tell anyone who asks you're fishing for Cod. Ha ha illegal ya don't half hear some stuff.

its not illegal, ghost carp are a strain of ornamental koi and plenty of fisheries stock them!!! i spent my childhood trying ro catch the koi in the canal, it is easily 10lb plus and me and my mate used to follow it up and down bernard rd(behind the incinerator) we used to fish with floating bread and had plenty of carp, the koi just used to nose your bread and swim off!!!

Anyone know where I can buy two ghost carp today in Sheffield?

Steve

I stand corrected then,i always thought it was illegal to introduce certain fish to fresh water waterways.I can't just walk up to a canal and empty my pond into it,if i no longer wanted my fish.

I agree with you its better than letting them die.

Have you got fish to get rid of then?

I agree with you its better than letting them die.

Have you got fish to get rid of then?

No, i just used it as an example.I sold all mine for a few grand,a few years back, as i had to move house.:mad: