This is NOT racist: Is there any point in black people having tattoos?

White Ink - what a stupid thing to say! I love the fact that people with racist opinions always begin with "I'm not a racist...but"....
I defer to your opinion, but do you really think the OP was being racist? It just came over to me as one of those passing thoughts people have sometimes. And as we have SF sometimes these rather silly passing thoughts get articulated.

I often think it would be better if people saved their accusations of racism for serious matters, like accommodation and employment prejudice than something as trivial as this?

Our lass has just watched Eastenders & a black bloke on there had tattoos, I'd saw them & said they were very noticeable. It's people like Beckham you ought to moan over, he looks like he's fell asleep on a wet comic.

:hihi::hihi:

I love the wet comic bit. I like to see the odd tattoo on a man but you are right when it is taken to the extreme of David Beckham then it spoils both the effect and the man.

No point what so ever. Unless they're those glow in the dark ones.

Is there any point in black people having freckles too? Or a hair brush? Or collagen lip implants? Or dancing lessons? Or running lessons? Or sunscreen? Or positive male role models? :D There's many things you don't need when you're black. Tattoos are just the tip of the iceberg.

Seems a genetical advantage nowadays.

Edited by Teddybare

White Ink - what a stupid thing to say! I love the fact that people with racist opinions always begin with "I'm not a racist...but".... I'm English but born and bred here, with a brown skin, subjected to huge racism in my life,, grew up down south then moved here 15 years go. Not experienced so much racism in Sheffield where people are more tolerant today(those with an education anyway)

How would you class Cliff Richard, English but born in India). Live and let live, let people do what they want mate. I bet you'd object if we met and I made comment about the way you speak, dress etc:huh:

People do begin with"im not a racist but" because people such as yourself jump on em for saying something quite unoffensive.Tattoos are not gunna stand out on dark skin as much as pale skin,simples.The op says he wasnt being racist cos he wasnt.

I've just been watching the basketball in the olympics and one (probably more) black players have got tattoo's. Personally I don't see the point. Yes I noticed them, but any detail is completely lost. Is there such a thing as white ink to do it with?

Get new glasses.

White Ink - what a stupid thing to say! I love the fact that people with racist opinions always begin with "I'm not a racist...but".... I'm English but born and bred here, with a brown skin, subjected to huge racism in my life,, grew up down south then moved here 15 years go. Not experienced so much racism in Sheffield where people are more tolerant today(those with an education anyway)

How would you class Cliff Richard, English but born in India). Live and let live, let people do what they want mate. I bet you'd object if we met and I made comment about the way you speak, dress etc:huh:

Cliff is actually British, but of "Anglo-Indian" Stock. I believe his mother was half- or Quarter Indian. (in some of the pics of him in his younger days you can quite clearly see this)

also, you can get white tattoo ink, which is used for highlighting, mostly.

What on earth are you wittering on about? This has nothing to do with racism of any sort. I'm 'dark' skinned, and if I were inclined (which I'm not) to have a tattoo, I really don't see the point, unless it's clearly visible, and people can appreciate the intricacy of the art.

Further I think that if there were a white ink, and I was black, I think it would look particularly good. I reitterate, it's nothing to do with being black white yellow or green. It's (IMHO) pointless having them done unless you can appreciate the 'atristry' clearly. That is my only point!

People do begin with"im not a racist but" because people such as yourself jump on em for saying something quite unoffensive.Tattoos are not gunna stand out on dark skin as much as pale skin,simples.The op says he wasnt being racist cos he wasnt.

Thank you!

You can get tattoos in all-sorts of colours, but if darker skin has more pigment is it more difficult to dye?

Would bleaching the area beforehand make for a better result, like you have to do with dark hair in order to dye it?

You could use skin bleach with stencils to create tattoo backgrounds which are coloured later in layers with different inks, maybe set up a whole new business model.

I don't really like tattoos though...

someone who already has a tattoo shop can nick my idea if they want it.