Confidence building course

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get some help for my friend's daughter? She is 17 and really struggling with confidence. Are there any weekend retreats where children are supported to develop in their confidence eg. outward bound courses? She struggles with engaging with people and having the confidence to state what she wants.

Any ideas would be appreciated as my friend is getting very upset and wants to help her daughter. I have looked at previous threads on confidence but all very old.

Thank you

GG

http://www.sheffieldhelpyourself.org.uk/keyword_search.asp?keyword=DRAMA

Abbeydale Picture House Youth Theatre

A theatre group for children and young people aged 7-18 years. Improves confidence and self-esteem through teaching a wide range of skills including drama, acting, singing, dancing, choreography, lighting and sound. Puts on annual and seasonal productions, encouraging commitment, loyalty and self discipline. Waiting list in operation. Annual fee of £130 per year.