What's the best Martial art?

My lad goes to Black Dragons Martial Arts class on Thurday at Frecheville community centre. £5 pay as you go.

Its very relaxed, mixed ages and abilites. The three lads that do it are very down to earth and we always have a laugh! Heres what they say! -

BLACK DRAGON MARTIAL ARTS brings the art of karate in the reach of everyone regardless of age or fitness levels.We believe that every individual can learn and benefit from karate training.Classes are disciplined,yet fun,allowing the whole family to participate,learn and develop at their own speed.We start children as young as 5 years old of age and our oldest student is well in to his sixties.We ...believe that people of all walks of life can enjoy the many benefits that karate training has to offer.Karate is not just a great form of self-defence ,but provides all students the opportunity to enhance their character and develop confidence,focus and inner security.Above all we teach in a non-contact environment to make sure it is a safe training environment, and to encourage self-discipline.Controlled karate training also allows you to improve your fitness while learning something valuable at the same time.Every black dragon martial arts class operates with 3 fully accredited instructors with each instructor having 15 years experience in teaching martial arts.Classes held at frechville community centre thursday nights kids 6 till 7 and both adults and kids 7.30 till 9 also monday nights at stradbrooke community centre 5.45 till 6.45. For more imfo call me on 07553077628

Goju Ry doesn't require great cardio fitness. There's not much in the way of "pirrouettes" as line work doesn't play a great part in the training, it's not competitive and your fellow students and instructor will take things at your pace. Great martial art as well. Kicks are generally low

Goju Ry doesn't require great cardio fitness. There's not much in the way of "pirrouettes" as line work doesn't play a great part in the training, it's not competitive and your fellow students and instructor will take things at your pace. Great martial art as well. Kicks are generally low

Have you ever tried Muay Thai ? Its a very good calorie burner, great for losing weight and alot more fun & interesting than running, rowing etc.

For me its Wing Chun, a form of Kung Fu.. it increases fitness, encourages discipline and teaches you how to defend yourself.

In my opinion though it all depends on the instructor and where he focuses his classes.. I have tried Karate, Kung Fu and a few other arts, but I have to say Wing Chun was the one I felt did most for me.

Some may disagree with me, but thats life

As an extra bit of advice.. there's a company canvassing Sheffield atm offering classes.. done a bit of research and I honestly wouldnt touch them.. I would personally try to find an instructor who has trained people for awhile in the ame venue if possible, and who has an established class.. in recent years there have been a lot of charlatans claiming to teach martial arts but really know very little about what they're doing so be careful.

For me its Wing Chun, a form of Kung Fu.. it increases fitness, encourages discipline and teaches you how to defend yourself.

In my opinion though it all depends on the instructor and where he focuses his classes.. I have tried Karate, Kung Fu and a few other arts, but I have to say Wing Chun was the one I felt did most for me.

Some may disagree with me, but thats life

As an extra bit of advice.. there's a company canvassing Sheffield atm offering classes.. done a bit of research and I honestly wouldnt touch them.. I would personally try to find an instructor who has trained people for awhile in the ame venue if possible, and who has an established class.. in recent years there have been a lot of charlatans claiming to teach martial arts but really know very little about what they're doing so be careful.

So who is your instructor?

So who is your instructor?

Unfortunately my trainer moved back to China about 3yrs ago so I dont train anymore

Just a suggestion but locate someone not too far away from your home, 'cos in the depths of winter, dark at 4pm and freezing you're less likely to sustain training and commitment

I actually was that annoyed i re read your post... look up in the air quickly and punch him in the nose... if he has a knife.. is this instructor ( use that term loosely ) for real ???

he is also incorrect about the attacker being only the same as you.. an attacker will choose when.. where.. and how he attacks you ( something you have little control over ) the attacker will selectt the victim, very rarely will an attacker pick someone they believe they may lose to... so.. yes he is still human, but the odds are generally stacked in the attackers favour.... you hopefully will never get attacked.. but if you do disregard all this idiot taught you...

Craig.

What's the best Martial art for an unfit, overweight middle-aged man?

For getting you fit I would say boxing is gonna do that quicker than most, the training we do is intense and will strip the excess weight off you, getting you fitter and ready for any other martial arts you may want to take up once you are in shape. :)

Wing Chun, go and see richard baines on carlisle street.