Fishing at Rivelin

i have two questions for you :) Firstly what type of fish can be caught in the lower rivelin pond? (near fire station) because i can only ever catch perch roach and chub :huh: (probably me being rubbish at fishing) and secondly is groundbait allowed there? because i would like to try some out there.

any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, :)

if its tthe pond im thinking of then its got some great pike in their, several 20+ pike, ,me personally i would go up loxley fisheries about 2-3 miles away up loxley road, that pond has everything it it, carp, bream, barbel, chub, tench, roach , rudd, perch, but it will cost you about £5 or £6.

nothings wrong with them catching a big roach is fantastic dont get me wrong, i just fancy trying to catch summat different and yes i've seen a few jack pike in lower rivelin pond but never tried to catch them. Also the river offers great trout fishing :)

In that case then if you're fancying catching different species then a commercial as Doug says would give you a better chance.

Or the river Don has plenty of Grayling & Trout, Dam Flask has a good few Bream.

might give dam flask a go ,, isnt there a bus what goes up there? ,, and i think im going to go for a tench on the edge of reeds. i also went to the fishing tackle shop on holme lane and asked there and apparently thereis a 8lb pike what sometimes chases the catch into the edge :/

might give dam flask a go ,, isnt there a bus what goes up there? ,, and i think im going to go for a tench on the edge of reeds. i also went to the fishing tackle shop on holme lane and asked there and apparently thereis a 8lb pike what sometimes chases the catch into the edge :/

Are you sure that there is any Tench in the Dam Flask??? I have never caught one.

There is a bus that goes up there (not sure of the times though)

Personally i love fishing the flask but it is sooooooooo massive it can be hard to find the fish.

I would reccomend the Bay Its perfectly flat on the bottom and is good for the breem,

Or i would go on the neck end, there is a 4ft wide and about 1ft deep channel that goes all the way through the middle (more or less) and you will find that if you can get in the channel you will ''bag up'' on a groundbait feeder with hair rigged meet or corn.

The best thing about the flask is you can put your keepnets in :)

Good luck and hope that you have a good day