Fishing at Rivelin

There is a few carp in there unless they have fell to the same fate has most of the canal fish.......polish takeing em for table.use grounbait mate unless stated on a board on site use what you like bait wise.but no dynamite.

Edited by marieh30565

haha thanks marieh ,, sorry about this being late in all but i went fishing there tuesday wednesday and friday because i couldnt believe how shocking the fishing actually wa on the pond :/ .. on all three days i set up fishing on the first peg (with the reeds to your left and then a tree facing you in the middle). the first day i set up with sweetcorn on the hook just off the tree in the middle... not a bite. went there on wednesday and just set up to catch anything with gills.. a single red maggot on a size 20 hook feeding little and often with a few maggots and balls of groundbait about 5 meter's out. caught two tiny roach. the third day i had had enough of the pond i went on the river starting up near the paddling pool working my way down all the way to the fire station. WOW is all i can say. the amount of rainbow trout in that small little river is unbelievable. i just threw a few maggots in with my bait (maggot) and trotted it down using a river float. i caught around 12 fish in a few hours of working my way around pools in the river. so i would say screw the pond and try the river.

thanks guys

haha thanks marieh ,, sorry about this being late in all but i went fishing there tuesday wednesday and friday because i couldnt believe how shocking the fishing actually wa on the pond :/ .. on all three days i set up fishing on the first peg (with the reeds to your left and then a tree facing you in the middle). the first day i set up with sweetcorn on the hook just off the tree in the middle... not a bite. went there on wednesday and just set up to catch anything with gills.. a single red maggot on a size 20 hook feeding little and often with a few maggots and balls of groundbait about 5 meter's out. caught two tiny roach. the third day i had had enough of the pond i went on the river starting up near the paddling pool working my way down all the way to the fire station. WOW is all i can say. the amount of rainbow trout in that small little river is unbelievable. i just threw a few maggots in with my bait (maggot) and trotted it down using a river float. i caught around 12 fish in a few hours of working my way around pools in the river. so i would say screw the pond and try the river.

thanks guys

Well done sounds like you had a good time.

Errm pike ... well anyway and rudd or carp ..

thanks guys

My bold.... Are you sure ? :huh: didn't think that there were any Rainbow trout in any of the Sheffield rivers :huh:

Is there any pike in these Ponds at rivelin? How much is it to fish?