7% Increase In Population. Are We Full?

My apologies if it wasn't you.
No problem

I didn't, I posted a link to support it.

To support the claim that Labour allowed 'uncontrolled immigration' in order to import Labour voters?

They aren't the cause of the recent increase in population and the problems it has caused.

But when they were arriving they were subject to the same narrow mindedness that recent immigrants are subject to, that's my point really.

You must have been reading my posts with blinkers on then, or you haven't bothered to read everything I've post on this topic.

This is the problem with discussion, when you but in half way though without first reading all the posts it puts things out of context.

I'm responding to specific posts, not every contribution anyone makes to a topic.

As soon as anyone mentions limiting immigration they are usually,on here anyway,labelled as a xenophobe..it just looks as though those doing the labelling can bring no other argument to bear...it's a bit poor really..

Well I don't know how many times I've said it here, but it's quite a few but I think immigration should be strictly controlled, that doesn't make me a xenophobe and as far as I recall no ones ever accused me of being one.

It's perfectly possible that people who share a similar view to mine are xenophobes..they do exist and they will be judged on their contributions here, nothing else. If the cap fits and all that.

We have enough people in the UK to fill it from the inside with out the need to fill it from the outside.

This constant open door policy really leaves the UK open to being overtaken from the inside. Slowly, easily and with out blood shed. Whilst the coffers are emptied, and all the power jobs are taken up by the infiltrators, the people are made poor and once they (the infiltrators) are all in strategic places, there will be no way to tip the balance back in our own favour (just saying) lol

A puppet on a string. For whom ever is pulling the strings.

Edited by sci fi

I think the problem lies truman when it's impossible to have a grown up conversation about this..it's indisputable that some posters use this forum to articulate their dislike of foreigners and dress it up with the kind of rhetoric that they come here steal our jobs/benefits/houses etc. Certainly some of that is true, but their arguments would have substantially more credibility if they had a balanced view and could equally articulate the many benefits immigrants bring to this country too, otherwise the baby is ejected with the bath water.

The fact is, that since the introduction of the 'points system' the failings in Labour's immigration policy have been addressed, so frankly re-hashing old news as contemporary fact I see as being divisive.

No they haven't, the points system doesn't adrees the biggest issue which is imigrants from EU countries.

Net migration to UK remains at more than 250,000 a year.

There is little point in talking about the benefits immigration brought to the country in the past century, when the past century isn’t the issue; the issue is the past decade and the present.

As soon as anyone mentions limiting immigration they are usually,on here anyway,labelled as a xenophobe..it just looks as though those doing the labelling can bring no other argument to bear...it's a bit poor really..

Here's a classic example of what I'm talking of..sensational rhetoric.

Would you say the poster is a xenophobe? It isn't intend to stifle debate or insult them, it's a simple statement of fact and establishing that their reasons for saying what they do have more to do with emotional rather than cognitive reasons.

We have enough people in the UK to fill it from the inside with out the need to fill it from the outside.

This constant open door policy really leaves the UK open to being overtaken from the inside. Slowly, easily and with out blood shed. Whilst the coffers are emptied, and all the power jobs are taken up by the infiltrators, the people are made poor and once they (the infiltrators) are all in strategic places, there will be no way to tip the balance back in our own favour (just saying) lol

A puppet on a string. For whom ever is pulling the strings.

There is no "constant open door policy", if there were I'd object to it.

The UK is nowhere near being 'overtaken', the population remains over 80%, white British.

The coffers aren't 'being emptied'-immigration has a positive financial effect on the economy albeit not a significant one, but there are other benefits which have been explored previously.

When will the 'infiltrators' be in 'strategic places'? The majority population would mobilise politically long before that ever became a realistic prospect.

Even if immigration was 100% beneficial for the country there's only so much room and access to services. If we need to address the matter of over population then surely the only way this can be done is by halting immigration, or at least only allowing those who can bring something that is not already available. Or the country will just continue to deteriorate into a multi-cultural disaster zone.

Those who can't see the problems immigration has brought are frankly living in cloud cuckoo land.

The Labour party has swamped the country to a foolish level for political aims. These immigrants will then follow the party and support further immigration and further left wing policies, which raises a difficult question. Should immigrant's opinions on the matter be credible? Won't they be biased? I know this will have some of the left wing throthing but turkeys never have, and never will, vote for Christmas..

The problem with debates like this are that they are too entrenched. Nobody can blame someone from overseas wanting to come here and they are most welcome, when they bring a desire to be part of the country and work for it and not against it. But there must be limits, for the benefit of those already here, of whatever race.

No problem

To support the claim that Labour allowed 'uncontrolled immigration' in order to import Labour voters?

It was a government document released under the freedom of information.

But when they were arriving they were subject to the same narrow mindedness that recent immigrants are subject to, that's my point really.

Which isn't relavant to the topic.

I'm responding to specific posts, not every contribution anyone makes to a topic.
This is a discussion not a collection of isolated posts; any one post is likely to be out of context if you don't read the topic in its entirety. For instance when a respond to you I consider everything else you have said on this topic and other topics of a similar subject, that keeps what you are saying in context.

It was a government document released under the freedom of information.
Forgive my laziness, but without wanting to trawl through your myriad of posts on this subject could you reproduce the link to this document? Ta :)

Forgive my laziness, but without wanting to trawl through your myriad of posts on this subject could you reproduce the link to this document? Ta :)

Labour's 'secret plan' to lure migrants

The Government has been accused of pursuing a secret policy of encouraging mass immigration for its own political ends.

Migration: an economic and social analysis This is the document.

Government 'maladroit' on immigration, says Home Secretary

Alan Johnson, the Home Secretary, has admitted for the first time that the Government has been inept over its handling of immigration which has increased pressure on local jobs and services.

The Government has been accused of pursuing a secret policy of encouraging mass immigration for its own political ends.

Alan Johnson, the Home Secretary, has admitted for the first time that the Government has been inept over its handling of immigration which has increased pressure on local jobs and services.

never ever vote Labour again

Quick read of page 23 of the document (Objectives of Current Policy) and there's no mention there of the claim you and Andrew Green (Migrationwatch) make, but of course if it's been deleted out as he suggests there wouldn't be...unless it was never there in the first place.

I don't think anyone's denying Labour made an utter balls up of immigration policy, but their policy isn't the one that's prevalent NOW, that's why I'm challenging your statements on this thread.