7% Increase In Population. Are We Full?

Sorry for chopping your post BF..

You seem to be a bit contardictory..in a previous post you said that immigrant workers are doing the menial (I paraphrase) jobs that the British unemployed don't want to do..by definition there wouldn't be a long training period for our home grown talent to be able to do them..

Just an example truman and one I have personal experience of with my grandmother, my subsequent post was in reply to another poster who believed immigrants do only menial jobs, which clearly isn't the case.

I did clarify my comments about these workers and say that native Brits have no/little interest in such jobs because the compensation isn't high enough, whether there exists a training period or not.

So you're happy to let my belief that you dislike foreigners go unchallenged? Ok, I'm cool with that.

P.S. Me saying that I think you dislike foreigners isn't abuse; it's just me saying that I don't think you like something. Foreigners, in this case.

No it just breaks forum rules, because the debate isn't about me, debate the subject not me if you can, which I seriously doubt.

However, nearly all low-skilled workers come into Britain from the European Union, and ministers are powerless to control the flow of arrivals.

So you're saying these arrivals should be curbed purely on the basis of an opinion poll?

Why do you think these people are coming here? They're coming for work.

Why do you think they're finding themselves in a position where they can work? Because low skilled/no skilled Brits don't want the jobs they're doing at the prevailing wage, also employers find migrants well motivated and good workers, the same can't be said for some of our homegrown.

If the jobs aren't available the migrants don't come..what would be the point?

So you're saying these arrivals should be curbed purely on the basis of an opinion poll?

Why do you think these people are coming here? They're coming for work.

Why do you think they're finding themselves in a position where they can work? Because low skilled/no skilled Brits don't want the jobs they're doing at the prevailing wage, also employers find migrants well motivated and good workers, the same can't be said for some of our homegrown.

If the jobs aren't available the migrants don't come..what would be the point?

No:rolleyes:

I know plenty of young British school leavers that are applying for any job, they want to work but aren’t given the opportunity, I agree there are unemployed that don't want to work but allowing them to stay on benefits whilst allowing hundreds of thousands of immigrant in to the country to do the jobs isn't the answer.

Government coffers aren't a bottomless pit of money, to pay someone to sit on their arse doing nothing and then pay a immigrant worker to do the job the unemployed person could do is a waste of money, we end up paying twice and its overloads our already sinking public services.

Its only a matter of time before immigration is going to be halted. There are few benefits for ordinary people. I think more people are now waking up to the fact.

Its only a matter of time before immigration is going to be halted. There are few benefits for ordinary people. I think more people are now waking up to the fact.

When you say immigration halted, do you mean halted completely or reduced?

No:rolleyes:

I know plenty of young British school leavers that are applying for any job, they want to work but aren’t given the opportunity,

School leavers are always going to struggle to find work-unskilled and unqualified, it's ancient history when the world of work suited people who could come straight out of school and find jobs on a production line or hammering metal out of our local furnaces. Your associates who are school leavers need to 'skill up' after all given their inherent advantages (free education, local knowledge etc) they shouldn't be competing with foreigners who in many cases can't even speak the language.

I agree there are unemployed that don't want to work but allowing them to stay on benefits whilst allowing hundreds of thousands of immigrant in to the country to do the jobs isn't the answer.

You'll probably find that this kind of proletariat isn't what successful employers are looking for, they're not the individuals who made Britain great.

Government coffers aren't a bottomless pit of money, to pay someone to sit on their arse doing nothing and then pay a immigrant worker to do the job the unemployed person could do is a waste of money, we end up paying twice and its overloads our already sinking public services.

How are we paying twice? Employers foot the bill for the people who work for them. I agree however that government coffers aren't a bottomless pit, and creative solutions need to be found, but I still maintain that the 'easy solutions' proposed by nationalists are unworkable, fanciful and are likely to cost more money and jobs in the long run.

Don't ordinary people use hospital, social and care services or eat out in restaurants, stay in hotels, use technology or benefit from the revenue that thousands of foreign students bring into the UK?

You can't halt immigration, it is impossible to do so. So you honestly think if immigrants were removed from benefits, British people would receive more benefits? Besides, I thought all immigrants were here taking our jobs.

How are we paying twice? Employers foot the bill for the people who work for them. I agree however that government coffers aren't a bottomless pit, and creative solutions need to be found, but I still maintain that the 'easy solutions' proposed by nationalists are unworkable, fanciful and are likely to cost more money and jobs in the long run.

The government is the biggest employer of immigrant labour and what’s nationalism got to do with any of this.:huh:

The government is the biggest employer of immigrant labour
Ah ok I see, I agree. But as I said before how are the thousands of immigrant workers in say the NHS going to be replaced by native Britons anytime soon and more importantly who's going to fund the training programmes and required infrastructure to bring our own up to speed?

and what’s nationalism got to do with any of this.:huh:

The solutions you're proposing are straight out of the nationalists handbook but we know when placed under scrutiny they're found wanting.

Balanced immigration is the ideal, welcoming to people who we need, closing the door on people we don't need.

My son's primary school has seen an influx of Slovakian children over the last couple of years, to the point that some classes are now almost half non-English speakers. You have to question how this effects the learning of all. Plus the school has had to give up a significant amount of space to dedicate to teaching the EAL pupils, and the school now has two interpreters at a time when budgets are being cut on everything else.

None of the Slovakian parents work. When I drop my son off at school, you can see who is dressed for work and who isn't. Even some of parents that aren't, I know some of them work shifts and are off shift. All the Slovakians EVER wear are tracksuits. They are not on their way to work. They are not on their way from work. They do not speak a word of English. So where are they getting their income from for their living expenses, one wonders? One can only conclude it must be from the state, or illigitimate means (crime). Their children are being educated, they get NHS medical care, all courtesy of the UK taxpayer, without contributing anything.

Edited by mj.scuba