Sheffield Star subscription offer

Can anybody tell me how this star offer works? Advert says you set up a subsription so the star costs 35p. It says you get vouchers that are exchanged at the newsagents. Does this mean I can stilll have it delivered and give my newsagent the vouchers ( along with payment for delivery)?

Has anyone tried this and what do you think?

Thanks

Don't join up. I did when someone knocked on my door. It was supposed to be £1 a week, but none arrived for weeks, and by the time they did, the 'offer' had ended, so I got a bill for £30, even after I tried to cancel the subscription 3 times.

This is a different offer, I tried the one Isabelle mentions three times and it was just as bad as she says. This latest one means you deal with your own newsagent, so it is better in that respect. I just read it online now, they lost me as a customer with their false promises of guarenteed delivery.

Yes you can still get your star delivered by the newsagent. Just pay with the vouchers and pay the extra delivery charge. :)

eta: we get this a lot in our shop with customers who subscribe to the guardian and the independent they just pay with the voucher and the newsagent redeems them with the newspaper supplier.

we did the same when someone knocked on our door. ended up with a big bill and them tried to cancel it three times. we paid up to the date that we informed them we didn't want it anymore and then another bill came for 21 pound my husband refuses to pay this has we had cancelled several times so now we are wanting a court hearing as they nip sold it us go first place

I'm going off the idea fast! apparently I can only cancel a whole week for holidays ( they suggest I give the paper to someone else if I am away for a few days). You also have to send the vouchers back for credit if you are on holiday. I can also only have 3 weeks holiday per year. Think I'll stick with what i've got.

A reduced-price offer for something which isn't wanted or value-for-money is not worth having!

we did the same when someone knocked on our door. ended up with a big bill and them tried to cancel it three times. we paid up to the date that we informed them we didn't want it anymore and then another bill came for 21 pound my husband refuses to pay this has we had cancelled several times so now we are wanting a court hearing as they nip sold it us go first place

That will be star direct no doubt, never works and I have heard so many complaints from people sold that way.

Not to forget that the Star is the last thing, you'd put in the bog, god its awful

Not to forget that the Star is the last thing, you'd put in the bog

So it's effectively not what you'd put there but what you'd wipe off yourself!

So it's effectively not what you'd put there but what you'd wipe off yourself!

Yes Jeff I forgot to add as replacement toilet paper, better :)