Did anyone work at orgreave pit

I was doing my training about 1977-78

My old clock/check number was 1066 at brookhouse that was an easy one to remember!

Sounds like we did our training at round the same time, I was known as Charlie (Pete Charlesworth) can't remember my check number.

My Dad worked at orgreave his name was Billy Hannan, I remember going with him on Fridays to collect his wages, it seemed to be miles down the pit lane to the office, but they always gave me a little wage packet as well with pennies in it, then we went to the canteen for a glass of milk and a kit kat.

i remember going with my dad to collect his wages too.The pit lane seemed to go on for ever.we also went to the canteen and the women who worked there used to give me a choc bar..using my husbands name cos not registered

My old clock/check number was 1066 at brookhouse that was an easy one to remember!

...............and I had 1022!

I was moved to Brookhouse from Orgreave in 1981? Underground fitter.

I remember 3 people who I think worked at Orgreave

George Winspear - in the 1940's/1950's, may have been part of ther management - lived between Swallownest and Aughton

George Percival - in the 1950's may have worked on the pit top as some sort of a labourer. Lived on Park Hill, between Swallownest and Fence. Was invloved a lot with Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club

Kenneth Brooks, my uncle, in 1940's/1950's before he became a bus driver. Lived on Ballifield Estate

Maybe someone will remember these guys

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Malaysia

My old next door neighbour Derrick Partridge was a winder at Orgreave, he retired when it closed he was only about 49... sadly he died last year.

I worked as a fitter from 1972 until orgreave shut. two of the faces I worked on was 22's and 24's in the haighmoor scene.

George Winspear - in the 1940's/1950's, may have been part of ther management - lived between Swallownest and Aughton

George Percival - in the 1950's may have worked on the pit top as some sort of a labourer. Lived on Park Hill, between Swallownest and Fence. Was invloved a lot with Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club

Kenneth Brooks, my uncle, in 1940's/1950's before he became a bus driver. Lived on Ballifield Estate

Kenneth brooks is my father in law, One of the finest men you could wish to meet!

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 18:18 ----------

Different ken by the sounds of it, he is from killamarsh

I worked as a fitter from 1972 until orgreave shut. two of the faces I worked on was 22's and 24's in the haighmoor scene.

We know each other then. What are your initials?

yes i did training there 1964 ish, then worked in woodyard and prop shop

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 12:04 ----------

remember george percival think he drove machines on top, worked wi him

yes i did training there 1964 ish, then worked in woodyard and prop shop

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 12:04 ----------

remember george percival think he drove machines on top, worked wi him

If you worked with "snowy" then I probably know you too. Do you remember Albert the motor mechanic? He's my dad.

memory goin long time ago now, i know george gilbanks worked in prop shop.

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 09:13 ----------

We know each other then. What are your initials?

ron hallam