New Laws For Driving In France!

Just been reading this months Caravan Club magazine our French neighbours have dreamed up another lawif you drive over there.On top of you having to carry a full set of replacement bulbs and high-viz vests you now have to purchase a breathalizer kit,if you are caught without one its a nasty on the spot fine.Another one I,ve heard don,t know if its true is if you swim in a public pool you can,t wear shorts only budgie smugglers type trunks so beware if you visit la belle France!:roll::confused::hihi:

Edited by old tup
duff spelling!

Just been reading this months Caravan Club magazine our French neighbours have dreamed up another lawif you drive over there.On top of you having to carry a full set of replacement bulbs and high-viz vests you now have to purchase a breathalizer kit,if you are caught without one its a nasty on the spot fine.Another one I,ve heard don,t know if its true is if you swim in a public pool you can,t wear shorts only budgie smugglers type trunks so beware if you visit la belle France!:roll::confused::hihi:

The nasty fine is around £10, Amazon are selling the breathalysers for around a fiver for a twin pack.

...Another one I,ve heard don,t know if its true is if you swim in a public pool you can,t wear shorts...

True. The reason is simple: Hygiene.

Bermuda type shorts can also be used as street wear or on the beach, where they pick up dirt, dust and sand etc. Going in the pool with scruffy shorts lowers the quality of the water.

Carrying bulbs and hi viz vests make perfect sense to me.

How often do you see cars with a bulb blown? Police stop you, you change the bulb, everyone's happy.

You break down on the M1 & set off walking to the nearest emergency phone, it's dark & raining and your wearing dark clothing, no one can see you! Put the hi viz on & your much more visible.