Wanted: cat aged around 8month to 2years

I'm looking for a cat to join my family. I've got a young child so a cat that is known to be quite scratchy is not appropriate. I really like white and tabby but would consider any cat needing re homing.

Please send me a picture of your cat and some info about it. Like does it go outside, has it been neutered, is it good with kids and does it like fuss or its own space.

Thanks.

My email address is Andrewthorpe3528(at)gmail.com

Or phone 07875965025

Have you tried the animal shelters they will have loads needing homes at theat age

You could try visiting the Sheffield Cats Shelter, you can walk round and meet all the cats with your child, plus the staff will help you pick a suitable one :)

You could try visiting the Sheffield Cats Shelter, you can walk round and meet all the cats with your child, plus the staff will help you pick a suitable one :)

I was going to suggest the Cat Shelter too. By all accounts they are over run with cats and kittens at the moment.

I hope you find a suitable cat to join your family :)

we got our 2 from the cat shelter, both strays, both wonderful with the children, all vaccinated and spayed, the ladies who work there are lovely and really committed to finding the right cat for your home, best thing we ever did :D

I'm looking for a cat to join my family. I've got a young child so a cat that is known to be quite scratchy is not appropriate. I really like white and tabby but would consider any cat needing re homing.

Please send me a picture of your cat and some info about it. Like does it go outside, has it been neutered, is it good with kids and does it like fuss or its own space.

Thanks.

I think you need to go and meet cats, I wouldn't think you can do it from a photo! (But that's just my opinion). *Any* of the animal shelters - RSPCA, Sheffield Cats Shelter, Cats Protection and lots of other smaller local rescues - are currently over-run with cats, due to it being the kitten season. But they have plenty of cats of every age.

hi andy

if you click on any of the links in my signature and have a look at alfie - you might see what you're looking for? white and tabby two year old tom cat - badly in need of a place to call his own,

Well thank you all for the replies!

I have been to rspca and been looking at their cats online. They seem to think that a house with a 3 year old is not appropriate as most cats descriptions state children aged 8+.

I agree that getting a cat from a shelter is a better idea, especially for the cat. But on the other hand people wanting to re home a house are maybe just a step away from taking to a shelter themselves.

I'd not heard of the cat shelter, only really knew rspca.

If anybody does have a cat they cannot keep anymore please let me know. I'll post here if I manage to find a cat myself.

Thank you all.

Well that is a sad thread indeed! As I've got a small child I don't really want to get a kitten as I'd hate for the kitten to be hurt due to a misplaced foot and too rough stroke. A bigger cat would just run off if it wanted to but I worry about kittens.

Well that is a sad thread indeed! As I've got a small child I don't really want to get a kitten as I'd hate for the kitten to be hurt due to a misplaced foot and too rough stroke. A bigger cat would just run off if it wanted to but I worry about kittens.

You are of course really sensible and have just gone right up in my estimations, however myself has just gone down for being so emotional and not realistic :hihi:

I think that you are right...it won't be long before the right cat comes your way, there are so many out there desperate for a good home :)