Whos quitting the fags this 2006?

Originally posted by deecee

well done D2J

I technically gave up on 26th Oct though.

I'm not a smoker, never have been... Infact I've not even tried one! Childhood asthma kind of puts you off when breathing alone is difficult enough! :(

I'm supporting my best mate at uni who is a social smoker... She genuinely only smokes when we have a drink, and never in her room, or back home etc... She knows how bad it is for her, but its so hard to encourage her to stop when the only time she does it is the only time when I'm not 100% in control of myself. :rolleyes:

Surely she cant be addicted if she can take them or leave them just like that? Or would having a drink without a ciggy be an entirely different matter? I really find it difficult to understand, not ever having tried one... But I know she leads herself on a right guilt trip when she gets up the following morning and her hair and fingers stink of cigs :gag: and my hair too, come to mention it.

What can I do to help her?

Originally posted by caprice

What can I do to help her?

Borrow an Allen Carr book I have if you want.

I don't crave cigarettes unless Im drinking, for some unknown reason the Alcohol & Nicotine combo is lethal...

still not smoking!...2 weeks today i quit...didnt even have any lozeges thurs, friday and yesterday on accounta having the flu :(

Originally posted by screamingwitch

still not smoking!...2 weeks today i quit...didnt even have any lozeges thurs, friday and yesterday on accounta having the flu :(

That's brilliant screamingwich, glad to hear you are still going strong,, hope you soon feel better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

deecee

Originally posted by deecee

That's brilliant screamingwich, glad to hear you are still going strong,, hope you soon feel better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

deecee

cheers deeCee!

if i can stop after 30+ fags for 30 years anyone can..o dear i thinks i may be becoming one of those 'ex-smokers' who gives smokers a hard time! hee hee

im not needing half as many as them lozenges (you can have 15 a day)..i had only 3 yesterday...all thanks to getting the hong bong flu this weekend did me a favour!LOL

SW :)

Originally posted by Craig7777

Hi i have only given up today but i am getting really tingly feelings in my legs and arms, i'am using patches

Can anyone shed any light on this cause last time i tried stopping i cannot remember feeling this

ive had that in my face!...phone the quit line its free ask them...i'd put it down to anxiety...when yur stressed and overbreatheing an oxygen imbalance causes tinglies...but ring em to check...you might be reacting to some lame ingredient in the patches other than the nicotine

SW :)

craig- that would be the patches- i used then a year ago when i tried to quit first time and they sent me hyper for over an hour- my body was tingleing all over!!!!

Not read whole thread so might be repeating what others have said!

I quit smoking 8 months ago! I was complete nicotine addict who thought they enjoyed smoking. I tried and failed several times. I read Allan Carr and stopped. I found it easy, had very little withdrawal and didn't need any willpower. I recommend reading his original book (not the later additions), Allan Carrs EASYWAY.

I haven't touched one at all, no crafty drags or cigs when drunk. NOTHING. I don't crave, I don't think about it. I was very surprised at how easy it was.

My word of advice is, don't use nicotine replacements. All your doing is supplying your drug habit in a different form and giving money to the drug industry for keeping you addicted. Some people do stop smoking by using patches and gum etc, then find they can't stop the nicotine gum. Like any drug addict, you need to withdraw and stop taking it. After all you don't give Heroin to a Heroin addict to help them stop do you!

Anyways, I know how hard it can be, so just trying to help by sharing how I did it.

Good luck all and well done :clap:

quote from Foxxx

Anyways, I know how hard it can be, so just trying to help by sharing how I did it.

that's brilliant Fox, I think a lot more people on the forum ought to come on and add their experience of stopping smoking , just to be some help. That's my opinion anyway.

Craig , keep at it , the tingling is with the patches. If you carry on ,it will go away. It's much better than smoking, at least you're not getting all the tar and other stuff in your lungs., good luck

good luck to everybody and well done all of you

:clap: :clap:

David

Originally posted by screamingwitch

Good Girl SW - I'm really proud of you. Well done!! :clap: I'm sorry you've not been well and hope you're feeling a lot better but keep off those fags. ;)

Thanks for your input Foxx, scottf and of course our cheerleader deecee. Encouragement is what we need.

Craig - I can only presume the same as the others that it's the patches doing this. What strength patch are you on? Maybe you only need the Step 2 patch. I'd check it with the Quitline and the best of luck to you.

Now for me - I promised the lovely Zimily that I would be honest so will admit to you all that I've had a few this weekend :blush: SW was so right when she said one cig would lead to another. It does!!!

How do I feel? A total and utter failure, stupid, disappointed and very very angry with myself. I've no excuses.

So to all my lovely quit buddies I apologise profusely and promise that I've not given in, I'll keep on with quitting.

For everyone that's trying to give up - please keep going, try not to give in because this feeling is awful. You have my best wishes.