"Sin is such fun" says local C of E priest.

Can anybody really (did anybody ever) take the C of E seriously as a religious organisation when a member of their clergy is as flippant and seemingly dismissive (as well as obnoxious) about his own faith as this guy?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9287127/Priest-under-investigation-for-posting-Sin-is-such-fun-on-Facebook.html

The guy's a joke but I wish more of the clergy were more open about their real beliefs.

well i enjoy a good bit of sin, so i think hes talking sense

He's clearly realised one of the fundamentals of human nature, I can't understand what people are complaining about. Of course sinning is fun - why else would people do it?

Of course we all love a bit of sinning :help: but I was more concerned of his seemingly dismissive attitude to a lot of what his religion professes to be the truth.

He seems good fun. Nowhere in that article does it show him being dismissive of his faith - nothing wrong with a bit of banter!

A classic out take from a radio show a good few years back, had a vicar talking about marriage and relation ships. A phone in program, it had a woman saying that she loved her husband very much ,but he had a low libido, whereas she was left wanting more.

The vicars reply, "Sex is like anything else in life, you only get out, what you put in!"

Can anybody really (did anybody ever) take the C of E seriously as a religious organisation when a member of their clergy is as flippant and seemingly dismissive (as well as obnoxious) about his own faith as this guy?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9287127/Priest-under-investigation-for-posting-Sin-is-such-fun-on-Facebook.html

The guy's a joke but I wish more of the clergy were more open about their real beliefs.

Well boo, yet another muslim trying to influence public opinion and make out that Christians are bad. I can feel your hatred from here.

Edited by Mecky

I wish more of the clergy were more open about their real beliefs.

Of course we all love a bit of sinning :help: but I was more concerned of his seemingly dismissive attitude to a lot of what his religion professes to be the truth.

Well, you can't beat

(You've probably already seen "Religulous")

Well, you can't beat

(You've probably already seen "Religulous")

:hihi: Absolutely.....but I get a strong impression that our friend from Doncaster is not quite in the same mould.

He seems good fun. Nowhere in that article does it show him being dismissive of his faith - nothing wrong with a bit of banter!

The problem for him is that people usually express what they really believe during a bit of 'banter'.

On top of that, this statement seems dismissive to me;

"Alas, I have religion tomorrow. At least I'm not preaching this week."

I have to sort of agree, I don't recall the bible ever saying you an't swear and enjoy being frivolous.

:"Forgive my sin of frivolity.

Sin is such fun! But, I haven't been having inappropriate relationship with snowy, who can longer be called a 'snowman' in the name of political correctness.

Has anyone got any ideas about what gender Snowy is? As the Bishop of Sheffield invites, 'answers on a postcard of a few sheets of A4....'

I don't think he's really being serious, as far as I'm aware frivolity isn't a sin. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

I have to sort of agree, I don't recall the bible ever saying you an't swear and enjoy being frivolous.

I don't think he's really being serious, as far as I'm aware frivolity isn't a sin. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

I never claimed he was being frivolous. I said he was being flippant and dismissive about his faith.