Chantry Woodseats..

I think it's good that they have made a effort and other pubs should try and do the same.The Chantry have some good live music on at the weekends and I have always found the people ok in there.

I've had a look at the flag today and if the pole was upright, I reckon the flag would be the right way up? But does it really matter, provided the pub's doing its bit to brighten the place up a bit for the holiday?

I bet the people complaining are a right laugh around the place, yeah.

yes i agree, boooo you chantry for showing some patriotism.

come on people, it may be upside down or inside out but jeeeze, i dont think it will be mistaken for another flag. good on the guys there for all that they do charity wise and bringing a proper pub back to the community

I gave Chris a pat on the back for showing some patriotism, right after me and about 10 people walked in to tell him.

Oddly I am a vehement hater of The Sun but feel more than happy going to The Chantry and have never noticed much of the traits you describe:huh:

I've only been in there a few times but I agree with you on both points.

Oddly I am a vehement hater of The Sun but feel more than happy going to The Chantry and have never noticed much of the traits you describe:huh:

I think it's only really an issue when you get a grumpy old curmudgeon banging on about immigration, capital punishment etc by the bar.

And happily that's not something I've come across in pubs round here. When I lived in Essex it seemed to be quite common to have an Alf Garnett wannabee propping up the bar boring the other customers rigid in a lot of pubs.

However, I've only had 1 similar experience since moving back up this way. And the protagonist there was a left-wing conspiracy theorist rather then a tabloid reading bigot.