Cats fouling in my front garden

coco shells from the garden centre realy works as they are sharp for the cats to walk on and dont like it.When it rains you get the most lovlie aroma of chocolate. Ive passed this on to quite a few people and they havent had anymore problems with cats.

Mod Note

Posts advocating animal cruelty have been removed.

If you have any queries, comments or complaints regarding this decision, please direct them to the Helpdesk.

I've recently bought a sonic repeller, along with some spray that you spray around your garden. Result - no cat poop. Hoorah!!

Which spray is this?! I need a solution!!!

*Ryan*, Amazon sell cat repellent spray. So do most pet shops i should imagine. I know Pets at Home definatley sell it.

I've never heard of coco shells. They sound lovely. I never see any cats on my garden but i think i'm going to get some anyway!

Another thing to try is orange peel. Most cats hate the smell and will keep away. When it starts to rot down just dig it into the earth as fertiliser.

Which spray is this?! I need a solution!!!

It's called "cat-a-pult" (yes, seriously). I got it from Ferndale Garden Centre at Coal Aston, along with the sonar unit.

It frustrates me greatly that people should have to purchase anything to prevent other peoples cats (which is their owners responsibility) from fouling up our property.

The law needs changing on cats to make owners more responsible (like with dogs). There's nothing positive cats bring to a neighbourhood apart from the occasional happiness of their owners but this is outweighed by the misery of everyone else plus the harm they bring to local wildlife and accompanying ecosystems!

It frustrates me greatly that people should have to purchase anything to prevent other peoples cats (which is their owners responsibility) from fouling up our property.

The law needs changing on cats to make owners more responsible (like with dogs). There's nothing positive cats bring to a neighbourhood apart from the occasional happiness of their owners but this is outweighed by the misery of everyone else plus the harm they bring to local wildlife and accompanying ecosystems!

Do you think legislation should also be put in place to stop other creatures such as birds and insects from fouling other people's gardens?

An owner can try their best to train their cat, but a cat will go where it wants and do its business where it wants. You should just learn to accept it and stop getting wound up about something so trivial.

Do you think legislation should also be put in place to stop other creatures such as birds and insects from fouling other people's gardens?

An owner can try their best to train their cat, but a cat will go where it wants and do its business where it wants. You should just learn to accept it and stop getting wound up about something so trivial.

It's not trivial when your Toddler steps in it, neither is it trivial when you put hours of effort in to a garden to find your efforts particially destroyed by what is someone else's responsibility.

Tell me, if I came round your property, and covered it in human excrement how would you feel? and what's the difference?

its a bit of s**t takes less that 2 minutes to clear up, however it takes 100's if not thousands of minutes spent on the keyboards repeating the same anti-cat mantra.

This really has to have been done to death on the forum

Unfortunately though, when there are several piles of cat poop it takes more than 2 minutes - and it stinks. If I owned a dog/cat then I would expect to clear its mess up. As I don't, I don't see why I should have to. You don't see people out on the street clearing mess up that isn't their own do you?

Due to the nature of outdoor cats there is little we can do to prevent it except taking precautionary measures.

Unfortunately though, when there are several piles of cat poop it takes more than 2 minutes - and it stinks. If I owned a dog/cat then I would expect to clear its mess up. As I don't, I don't see why I should have to. You don't see people out on the street clearing mess up that isn't their own do you?

Due to the nature of outdoor cats there is little we can do to prevent it except taking precautionary measures.

When there is rubbish or dog mess outside our place or the elderly couple that livenext-door I clean it up.

Cleaned and swept rubbish/s**t twice since we moved in 4 weeks ago, also take out both properties bins on bin days... its not like climbing Mt. Everest:cool:

Edited by steve68
spelling!