Help with long lost relatives

Hello everyone, i have looking for my grandma's brothers and sisters familys as i know her brothers will have passed away a long time ago, my grandma passed in about 1967, in her 60,s anyway her one brother was Bernard Briddock, and her younger brother was Leslie Blow, my great grandma there mother was Sarah Ellen Briddock then she remarried and has two more kids one was Olive Blow and Leslie Blow. Whish i could find there familys i did find Olives but she also had passed away and her son did not know much about her brothers. Thanks

This looks like the family in 1911

Sarah Ellen Briddock

Age in 1911: 30

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1881

Relation to Head: Wife

Birth Place: Sheffield, Yorkshire, England

Civil parish: Ecclesall

County/Island: Yorkshire-West Riding

Street Address: 189 Thomas St

Marital Status: Married

Registration district: Ecclesall Bierlow

Registration District Number: 509

Sub-registration district: Broomhall

ED, institution, or vessel: 3

Piece: 27833

Household Members:

Name Age

Harry Briddock 38

Sarah Ellen Briddock 30

Emily Briddock 15

Annie Briddock 14

Labina Briddock 10

Charles Henry Briddock 5

Bernard Briddock 3

Gwendoline Mary Briddock 9/12

and remarriage

Marriages Sep 1918 (>99%)

Briddock Sarah E Blow Ecclesall B. 9c 683

There is a Minnie Blow born to a mother called Briddock in 1918 but the mother of Leslie and Olive were called Dandy- maiden name ?????????

Blow Minnie Briddock Ecclesall B. 9c 752 Dec Q 1918

Blow Leslie Dandy Ecclesall B. 9c 1033 Jun Q 1920

Blow Olive B Dandy Ecclesall B. 9c 789 Sep Q 1924

From the records it doesn't look like a Blow married a Dandy around that period so maybe Sarah brought the children up as her own but didn't give birth to them.

Edited by Rivelin6

Looks like there could be two possible marriages for Bernard but it could be two different people.

Name: Bernard Briddock

Spouse: Ridal

Marriage: Dec 1931 - Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire West Riding

Other: QApr-Oct-Nov-Dec 1931

Name: Bernard K Briddock

Spouse: Hukin

Marriage: Dec 1955 - Sheffield, Yorkshire West Riding

Other: QApr-Oct-Nov-Dec 1955

No obvious record for Leslie getting married in Sheffield unless he was mistranscribed as Bull. Maybe he moved due to being in the army in the war or for work ?

Edited by Rivelin6

Looks like there could be two possible marriages for Bernard but it could be two different people.

Name: Bernard Briddock

Spouse: Ridal

Marriage: Dec 1931 - Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire West Riding

Other: QApr-Oct-Nov-Dec 1931

Name: Bernard K Briddock

Spouse: Hukin

Marriage: Dec 1955 - Sheffield, Yorkshire West Riding

Other: QApr-Oct-Nov-Dec 1955

No obvious record for Leslie getting married in Sheffield unless he was mistranscribed as Bull. Maybe he moved due to being in the army in the war or for work ?

bernard k is the son of the of bernard briddock

You've got em Rivelin6,but there are 2 families there.My dad had an uncle Horatio,who was a tailor for Barny Goodmans,& he also had a son called Horatio,plus Frank,John,Bobby & another 1 whose name I forget.It does get confusing when there are multiple christian names the same.I have met most of the above names over the years but Its my dads sisters (Beatrice,Gertrude&Kate)whose offspring I'm trying to contact.I know its a long shot,but you never know...Thanks again everyone...Ted

You've got em Rivelin6,but there are 2 families there.My dad had an uncle Horatio,who was a tailor for Barny Goodmans,& he also had a son called Horatio,plus Frank,John,Bobby & another 1 whose name I forget.It does get confusing when there are multiple christian names the same.I have met most of the above names over the years but Its my dads sisters (Beatrice,Gertrude&Kate)whose offspring I'm trying to contact.I know its a long shot,but you never know...Thanks again everyone...Ted

Hi Ted,

Brenda Hutton born 1947 married someone called John Brownley in 1967. They seem to have one daughter Tina in 1972

Tina Brownley

Mother: Hutton

Birth: Jun 1972 - Sheffield, Yorkshire, Northumberland/Westmorland

Edited by Rivelin6