one your on about but that i do agree with what your saying

i think in that situation i would of had it pts to stop the risk of

it biting someone else to be honest but that's me i just think it

would have been kinder on the dog :(

its the people that just get puppy's, dogs, cats etc & you can just tell

that they can't be bothered with it now a baby is going to be on the scene

so they get rid then later on get another animal & they get pregnant again

& get rid of the animal again figures i'm not judging people at all

its just peoples attitude towards their pets as if they don't matter at all :confused::( :(

Edited by fabcakes

[...] i'm not judging people at all

its just peoples attitude towards their pets as if they don't matter at all :confused::( :(

If you're not judging, you'd do better to avoid using :rant: and :loopy: and :suspect:.

Anyway, I'm quite happy to judge people. I think people who rehome for no good reason are pretty crappy. (I suspect pregnancy is a good enough reason for some people, as Tess said.)

I also think the majority of people who breed dogs are pretty crappy, especially when it's a breed that has health problems due to over-breeding. There's a surplus of dogs in this country, stop adding to it. Gross.

I also have a special place in judgement hell reserved for people who get everso sentimental about animal cruelty except when it comes to munching cheap meat, when they conveniently forget that they're complicit in thousands of animals living in horrific conditions and dying for no reason at all beyond their convenience. Double gross with hypocrisy on top.

I also have a special place in judgement hell reserved for people who get everso sentimental about animal cruelty except when it comes to munching cheap meat, when they conveniently forget that they're complicit in thousands of animals living in horrific conditions and dying for no reason at all beyond their convenience. Double gross with hypocrisy on top.

I suspect that the chunks of meat and poultry on display in supermarkets are rarely associated with the animal they were cut from. If the surrounding imagery was of slaughter houses and petrified stares the meat would be left where it stands.

If you're not judging, you'd do better to avoid using :rant: and :loopy: and :suspect:.

Anyway, I'm quite happy to judge people. I think people who rehome for no good reason are pretty crappy. (I suspect pregnancy is a good enough reason for some people, as Tess said.)

I also think the majority of people who breed dogs are pretty crappy, especially when it's a breed that has health problems due to over-breeding. There's a surplus of dogs in this country, stop adding to it. Gross.

just because i put :loopy::rant::suspect: it doesn't i'm judging them just

upset that they don't think before they get a pet

& i do believe that this is a dig at me if i'm not mistaken but going off topic a little with the whole of your post don't you think :)

I agree you shouldnt use being pregnant to get rid of a pet, i am pregnant and i have 2 dogs , a cat, a rankin dragon and 8 chickens, have 2 kids and a husband who works full time, i work part time and manage to still spend time with all my pets and they are all very well looked after

When I was 23weeks pregnant me and my unborn baby became really poorly, and was in and out of hospital on a weekly basis. My partner had to go to work as we needed the money! We had to make a hard decision about what we were going to do as we had a 9month dog, when we got our dog we had every intention of this being our long term family pet, however it wasn't fair on our dog to keep him as we just couldn't look after him and rehomed him. Believe me this was not an easy decision, but I was pregnant and ILL. Your point is too broad as it is not always as straight foward as you make out.

I'm currently pregnant and was taken into hospital when only four or five weeks. Luckily everything was fine but we did have family to rely on to walk our six dogs during that time. Personally I have rehomed dogs of mine before as they did not fit in to the pack dynamic and were getting attacked by my warry boy. I can see no reason why I would have to even consider rehoming any of the dogs because of baby. At the moment they are still getting all their walks and when the time comes that they have to rely on daddy I will be at home to keep them company the rest of the time.

When I was 23weeks pregnant me and my unborn baby became really poorly, and was in and out of hospital on a weekly basis. My partner had to go to work as we needed the money! We had to make a hard decision about what we were going to do as we had a 9month dog, when we got our dog we had every intention of this being our long term family pet, however it wasn't fair on our dog to keep him as we just couldn't look after him and rehomed him. Believe me this was not an easy decision, but I was pregnant and ILL. Your point is too broad as it is not always as straight foward as you make out.

i'm not saying people in your situation are wrong to rehome a dog i

understand your circumstances very well not every one can get help i

understand that sorry if i mislead you

it's people that are pregnant & just get rid of there dog,cat just because

of that i just find it so upsetting the amount of people rehoming their

dogs JUST because they are pregnant its so sad :(

Edited by fabcakes

i'm not saying people in your situation are wrong to rehome a dog i

understand your circumstances very well not every one can get help i

understand that sorry if i mislead you

it's people that are pregnant & just get rid of there dog,cat just because

of that i just find it so upsetting the amount of people rehoming their

dogs JUST because they are pregnant its so sad :(

Please don't get me wrong, what your saying about people who get pregnant and without a second thought want to get rid of their dog is spot on but I was just trying to explain its not always as clear cut as it may appear.

I'm currently pregnant and was taken into hospital when only four or five weeks. Luckily everything was fine but we did have family to rely on to walk our six dogs during that time. Personally I have rehomed dogs of mine before as they did not fit in to the pack dynamic and were getting attacked by my warry boy. I can see no reason why I would have to even consider rehoming any of the dogs because of baby. At the moment they are still getting all their walks and when the time comes that they have to rely on daddy I will be at home to keep them company the rest of the time.

Its great that you had people to help you out but not everybody does, when I was first taken into hospital it was for about 3weeks, I went to term and was in and out sometimes for a couple of nights sometimes for a week, it was just not viable for us to keep a dog at that time. It was an awful decision but couldn't be helped.

just because i put :loopy::rant::suspect: it doesn't i'm judging them just

upset that they don't think before they get a pet

& i do believe that this is a dig at me if i'm not mistaken but going off topic a little with the whole of your post don't you think :)

Using those smilies means, respectively, that you think they're mad, they make you angry and you think they're suspect. I don't know in what universe that might be construed as 'not judging' people.

I was expressing my opinion ('judging' - as I said, quite clearly) of people who breed dogs, and people who eat cheap meat and bleat on about animal cruelty. I don't think it's off topic because this whole thread is devoted to judging people on how they treat their animals. I was just taking the opportunity to air a little bit of irk about the rampant hypocrisy that goes on around this whole topic.

Using those smilies means, respectively, that you think they're mad, they make you angry and you think they're suspect. I don't know in what universe that might be construed as 'not judging' people.

I was expressing my opinion ('judging' - as I said, quite clearly) of people who breed dogs, and people who eat cheap meat and bleat on about animal cruelty. I don't think it's off topic because this whole thread is devoted to judging people on how they treat their animals. I was just taking the opportunity to air a little bit of irk about the rampant hypocrisy that goes on around this whole topic.

OK fair enough

but i like to eat meat it doesn't make me a bad person dose it ?

& i'm not going to stop using smileys i like to use them weather

you take it the wrong way or not sorry

that's my opinion :);)