Staffordshire bull terriers

i'm really annoyed why do people class staffy's as dangerous dogs? i have a five year old staffy boy and he's fantastic with everybody, yet i took him for a walk yesterday and a few people crossed the road just because we were walking up, how oblivious they are to how great these dogs are, IF PEOPLE WANT TO THINK STAFFY'S AS DANGEROUS DOGS THEN ALL DOGS SHOULD BE CLASSED AS DANGEROUS AS THEY ALL HAVE IT IN THEM TO ATTACK PEOPLE,

its not the dogs that need putting down its the owners stupid chav,s we have had a few staffy,s and not one of them have ever been dangerous dogs all been fantastic with my 3 kids

I think staffies are a lovely dog, they are very loyal and very good with people. However, if a brain-dead cretin decides that a staffie or any other bull breed is the dog for him....you know what the results are.....

If I'm walking i my local park & get approached by a staffie I take a look at the owner first. If they are covered in tattoos & piercings I give the dog a wide berth!

cant agree more its people that turn dogs vicious, my staffy is 9 now still full of energy but soft as a brush loves kids people and having a good fuss, cant agree more very very loyal dogs, its so upsetting the amount of this particular breed that are impounded and worse being put down.

i personally think people should be vetted and have to gain a license to have dogs!

They have a lovely nature and are very good with children - its bad owners. Shame!

staffies are better around kids then alot of breeds like yorkies,jack russells, bassat hounds etc. Thats been proven to.

I had a Yorkshire terrier,although she was nice she was also a pain for running off,I also had a jack Russell x and she also was a pain,iv now got a ridgeback x staffy and she is the most loving affectionate dog iv ever had,she is loyal and over all the best dog ever had,iv got four young kids and unlike my other dogs she has never shown any aggression what so ever towards them,I think alot of it is to do with how there brought up,I got her a three months old unlike my others were older when I bought them so they were brought up different..

If I'm walking i my local park & get approached by a staffie I take a look at the owner first. If they are covered in tattoos & piercings I give the dog a wide berth!

So people with Tattoos and piercings have "DANGEROUS" Staffs????

i'm really annoyed why do people class staffy's as dangerous dogs? i have a five year old staffy boy and he's fantastic with everybody, yet i took him for a walk yesterday and a few people crossed the road just because we were walking up, how oblivious they are to how great these dogs are, IF PEOPLE WANT TO THINK STAFFY'S AS DANGEROUS DOGS THEN ALL DOGS SHOULD BE CLASSED AS DANGEROUS AS THEY ALL HAVE IT IN THEM TO ATTACK PEOPLE,

Problems with such dogs are usually down to lack of trainging or idiot owners.

However, the fact remains that, while all dogs can become aggressive, it's usually far more problematic to be attacked by a breed that has been traditionally bred for fighting.

In a similar fashion, all dog breeds can run, but greyhounds, which are bred for it, will always be faster than, say, a jack russell, in a race.

If someone is attacked by a dog, generally a yorkshire terrior is preferable to a staffie.

And, another reason people tend to cross the road, is because they know full well that a portion, albeit a minority, of staffies, are owned by people who have them because they are fighting dogs and who actively encourage them to be aggressive.

Another vote for Staffs !! I love the breed and are so badly documented in the press due to the owner not the dog.#

About time we had a positive post on here from dog lovers/owners.