Any flood warnings in Sheffield/Rotherham (April 2012)?

I would suggest a good indicator to the flooding would be when the manhole covers start to blow off as they did in 2007. I was dealing with my mothers funeral arrangements when they started. Got to go to Hillsborough between 9and 10 will let you know if I hit any problems.

my daughter had to drive through hillsbro about 6 last night and she said it was really bad with massive pools of water all over

In 2007 it rained for one day and flooded or have you forgotten.

However, crap has been cleared since then and thats what caused the problems last time.

I'm looking at the Don now and its no worse than yesterday, someone mentioned a flood alert at Hillsbrough well I looked at the Don on Penistone rd today and it was very shallow so not sure what thats all about.

It did not rain for one day as you put it rained for weeks

yes the heavy rain on the day put in the final nut but its was because the ground was already saturated after weeks of rain.

When we had the big flood a few years ago it bounced down for about 12 hours.

Yesterday was quite heavy rain for much of the day, but there were only a few short bursts where it actually bounced down.

Also a week before the big flood there had also been another full day of heavy rain that had soaked the ground, because I remember my Mrs phoning me up in a panic because she couldn't get off the M1 at Meadowhell.

The big flood was one of those freak events that happens once in 100 years, I'll be surprised if there's anything like that again any time soon.

Regards

Doom

the don at kelham island (cornish place) has risen about a foot overnight. its the highest i have ever seen the river since i have lived there (over 3 years), took some pics on my phone but dont know how to put them on here.