Will weed ever become legal ?

weed with out the street deals  

33 members have voted

1. 1. weed with out the street deals

• yes
    • no

I have a mate with MS. The main thing that eases his pain and discomfort is weed. Since I stopped growing, he has been unable to get a regular supply and his health has suffered. Weed is also good for people on chemotherapy as it helps ease nausea.

I wish it was available for people like him but I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

For MS it should be given on prescription.

You may be wrong; the Americans are far less tolerant of "dangerous drugs" than we are (and also, bigger drinkers and smokers...) ... and yet some US states have legalised marijuana for medical purposes. That means they're not in much of a position to pressurise us into maintaining an wholesale ban on the stuff.

They're bigger drinkers and smokers than us?

The active ingredient in canabis, Canibol, which is clinically proven to help MS, glacoma, hiv progression and acute pain is currently being trailed in a nasal spray. I don't think we will ever get 10 spliffs on the NHS but drug trials are also happening on a cylacybin based depression medication and anti-parkinson drugs based on MDMA.

Heroin was originally a child cough medicine, amphetamine a diet pill, cocaine an energiser addedd to "coca-cola" and poppers a medicine for angina.

Anything that effects the body or the brain is neutral. It's what we build around it that makes it "good" or "bad".

However, we can never trust a system that makes MDMA and mushrooms a class A and alcohol legal. It's based on no research at all, only cultural norms.

Proff Nutt is still the leading reasearcher in the country. He was fired for pointing out the inconsistancy in UK law.

Finally, weed can still be bad for you. Especially if you have depression. No conspiracy. Just us and the cold, hard, facts!

You may be wrong; the Americans are far less tolerant of "dangerous drugs" than we are (and also, bigger drinkers and smokers...) ... and yet some US states have legalised marijuana for medical purposes. That means they're not in much of a position to pressurise us into maintaining an wholesale ban on the stuff.

I know they have made it available via prescription. It's even available in vending machines. But I don't know anywhere trialling it over here, although I understand they were prescribing heroin in Lowedges some years ago.

For MS it should be given on prescription.

It should and it is so sad that it isn't.

Frankly I think Google would be worse than useless. There are so many different, and competing, conspiracy theories about why cannabis is illegal, and Google would find links to all of them; at most only one of them would be true.

Most Americans believe that it was BigOil who got it outlawed because hemp is an alternative fuel source; which is fairly obviously nonsense because if it were that easy to make fuel out of hemp, BigOil would never have bothered with oil. It would have been BigHemp instead.

I were meaning to start a thread about the cost or certain fuels, I'll do a comparison for hemp also!

(Some books are cheaper to burn for heating than natural gas! I didn't have the heart to start it on WBN!)

The active ingredient in canabis, Canibol, which is clinically proven to help MS, glacoma, hiv progression and acute pain is currently being trailed in a nasal spray. I don't think we will ever get 10 spliffs on the NHS but drug trials are also happening on a cylacybin based depression medication and anti-parkinson drugs based on MDMA.

Heroin was originally a child cough medicine, amphetamine a diet pill, cocaine an energiser addedd to "coca-cola" and poppers a medicine for angina.

Anything that effects the body or the brain is neutral. It's what we build around it that makes it "good" or "bad".

However, we can never trust a system that makes MDMA and mushrooms a class A and alcohol legal. It's based on no research at all, only cultural norms.

Proff Nutt is still the leading reasearcher in the country. He was fired for pointing out the inconsistancy in UK law.

Finally, weed can still be bad for you. Especially if you have depression. No conspiracy. Just us and the cold, hard, facts!

I have taken mushrooms, weed, ecstacy, mdma, ket and legal highs and found them to be pretty safe. I researched them first and took them responsibly as a leisure activity. The classification system is useless and I admire Professor Nutt for the stance he made.

I never really got on with weed and haven't touched it in years.

I have taken mushrooms, weed, ecstacy, mdma, ket and legal highs and found them to be pretty safe. I researched them first and took them responsibly as a leisure activity. The classification system is useless and I admire Professor Nutt for the stance he made.

I never really got on with weed and haven't touched it in years.

if anything had gone wrong when you took them responsibly what would you have done?

if anything had gone wrong when you took them responsibly what would you have done?

Hoped someone would look out for me. The most trouble I have ever got in was with drinking too much alcohol in my teens.

Wasn't there some sort of goverment meeting about decrimalizing it today, i just caught the tail-end of it on the news with Russell Brand speaking for legalising.

Wasn't there some sort of goverment meeting about decrimalizing it today, i just caught the tail-end of it on the news with Russell Brand speaking for legalising.

Just watched the highlights on the BBC web site. Brand is messing with their heads. He is seriously intelligent.

Just watched the highlights on the BBC web site. Brand is messing with their heads. He is seriously intelligent.

A lot of it will have gone over their heads.

He did say; "criminal behaviour needs to be dealt with legally and treatment that deals with problem and prevents further crime being committed should be offered.", probably the most main, and valid point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17822801

And let's face it, the statistics say it makes more rational economic sense to give out heroin for free (going upon past results).

Supplying the drug works

But treatment works better.

Outlawing it makes both supply and eventual treatment even harder.

The future is uncertain, but I feel certain things can be predicted. And our current treatment/punishment/military encouragement of drug use does us no favours.

A lot of it will have gone over their heads.

He did say; "criminal behaviour needs to be dealt with legally and treatment that deals with problem and prevents further crime being committed should be offered.", probably the most main, and valid point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17822801

And let's face it, the statistics say it makes more rational economic sense to give out heroin for free (going upon past results).

Supplying the drug works

But treatment works better.

Outlawing it makes both supply and eventual treatment even harder.

The future is uncertain, but I feel certain things can be predicted. And our current treatment/punishment/military encouragement of drug use does us no favours.

Free heroin makes sense to me too. How can we legislate for what people choose to put in their bodies and then deem them criminals?

It seems to me that the oil, tobacco and alcohol industries would be keen to keep the status quo.