F Parramore & Sons Ltd Smith Street, Sheffield

Hi Dark-Star, I have been doing my family tree recently and was trying to find out more information about Alfred (Jack) Parramore who I presume would be your great uncle. I was trying to find out his wifes name and whether they had any children as there is a possibility I may have been related. Any information would be great if you could find time.

If it is any help maggie I have one of the last casts from the foundry, some good pictures of the workers, I may be able to get some pics of the old football team along with some other items they made. Obviously I wouldn't give away any of the artefacts but would certainly copy and send you the pictures.

Best Wishes

David

Thank you Dave, that would be brilliant. It's my son who is actually interested in the history. (see posts below from Parrapaul).

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Dark-Star et al.

I have an 8mm cine-film of the Parramores wandering around their garden in Oughtibridge (you'll know the house if you know the family!). There is also a trip to Bruges and other items on the reel.

Let me know if this is of any interest to you.

P

Parramores also had a cricket team in the Sheffield Works League and they played in Chapeltown Park up in the top right-hand side. My brother used to play for Sanderson Bros& Newbould and played them many times and we used to finish the day out in the Coach& Horses pub.I myself of course outside with a packet of crisps and a bottle of pop looking in thro' the window.

Edited by macstewart
add on

Hi P-Shooter,

I may be interested in the cine film, are you related to the parramores? You say it was taken at Oughtibridge the Parramore I am interested in was the brother of this Parramore and lived at the leas in Grenoside is he in the film? Do you know any information about Alfred Parramore. Thank you for your post, Kindest Regards, David

David

The film was acquired at an auction years ago, in a bric a brac type box with other stuff. It is with my father in law so I will check with him and then send you a message.

I have no idea who is shown on the film but it is definitely the Parramores. I am no relation and my only interest was that I grew up in Ecclesfield and can remember the Works and know the house in Oughtibridge, which features prominently on the film. I knocked on the door some years ago but it was being rented by a Canadian who had little knowledge of the house's history.

Hi P Shooter,

That would be great I would love to see it, or would you want to sell it? Did the box have any other items related to Parramores? My email is [email protected] I have recently been doing my family tree and discovered there may be a link hence the keen interest.

Kind Regards

David.

Alex Parramore runs a melting company called Allied Steel it is in the road that leads to the railway station near to the Co-Op funeral directors. I believe he lives at Ranmoor.

Thanks for that David, It is Alex's uncle I am trying to find out about.

Regards David.

I know Alex Parramore and his two sons,Mark and James. They used to live in Ranmoor,but not sure if they still do.

Chris.

Thanks for that Chris, I have already spoken with Alex.

Regards

Dave

Hi

If you get no joy over the information you want,try posting new message for Smith Street, if anyone still living there in their 70's they will be able to assist I am sure.

Parramore's used to let Station Road Methodist Sunday School use their field for games at whitsuntide. That was in the 1940/1950's

When I left school in 1960 having done 2 years commerce course, I got the job of junior secretary to Mr Parramore which was very handy as I lived nearby, but I did not take the job because it only paid £2.10shillings and as my dad had not worked for 2 years we needed every penny I could earn so got a job at Hillsborough instead.