Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

People don't have to provide evidence to voice an opinion. Common sense is a good basis for a person to have a view or opinion on any topic. A person can state an opinion, without it being a fact. I think you are confusing opinions with facts. For someone to state a fact, then they should provide evidence to support a fact, if they are challenged, but no evidence is needed to support an opinion.

You seem to have a problem with other posters, who have different opinions to you on this subject. That is just my opinion.

There's an interesting article which I've linked below that provides empirical evidence to dispel the myth that bisexuals are more promiscuous:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dating-decisions/201405/3-myths-about-bisexuality-debunked-science

People don't have to provide evidence to voice an opinion. Common sense is a good basis for a person to have a view or opinion on any topic. A person can state an opinion, without it being a fact. I think you are confusing opinions with facts. For someone to state a fact, then they should provide evidence to support a fact, if they are challenged, but no evidence is needed to support an opinion.

You seem to have a problem with other posters, who have different opinions to you on this subject. That is just my opinion.

That all depends on if you care that what you believe is true or not.

I find it interesting when the stupid, the ignorant and the misinformed handily use "opinion" as a way of shirking responsibility to explain why and how they have come to that "opinion".

That all depends on if you care that what you believe is true or not.

Precisely. I would imagine most people only hold opinions based on things which they believe to be true - I can't comprehend why somebody would hold an opinion based on information they know to be false.

Of course, what people believe to be true and what is factually true are different things, and so it is possible to hold genuine opinions based on incorrect assumptions. However, when evidence is presented that refutes those opinions it would be normal and sensible to alter ones opinions to fit with the evidence.

I find it interesting when the stupid, the ignorant and the misinformed handily use "opinion" as a way of shirking responsibility to explain why and how they have come to that "opinion".

Life would be boring, if we all shared the same opinions. Life is good and it is a blessing, that the inadequate, gain deluded satisfaction from kidding themselves, that anyone with an opposite opinion to themselves is stupid. :)

Life would be boring, if we all shared the same opinions. Life is good and it is a blessing, that the inadequate, gain deluded satisfaction from kidding themselves, that anyone with an opposite opinion to themselves is stupid. :)

Come on, your different 'opinion' is just willful ignorance.

I think you're getting confused.

Nobody is saying that everybody must have the same opinion. Some opinions are based on incorrect information and can be easily refuted by facts. Other opinions are are just based on someones likes and dislikes, and so can't be proved right or wrong.

I could have the opinion that London is the most populated city in the world. This could be based visiting London and noting that it was busier than any place I had been, or once hearing from somewhere that it was the most populated. This could however easily be refuted by looking at population statistics. A rational person would then change their opinion in light of the new evidence presented.

I could also have the opinion that London is the best city in the world. This, as it is based on personal opinion, could not the proved right or wrong by others. People could present other information and reasons why other cities are better, which may change my opinion, but equally it might not.

It is the diversity of the latter type of opinion that make life interesting, not the former. It is the former type of opinion which is being presented by some on this thread.

Isn't common sense just the set of beliefs we have that we've never really critically examined? Stuff that seems obvious to us but equally might be wrong.

Believe me, regardless of your "opinion" life is pretty good anyway despite the fact that ignorance and stupidity abounds...non of those traits make life interesting..although it is quite entertaining from the viewpoint that such stupidity exists and by default exists through admission, as though they are making some great philosophicallly ground breaking enlightened statement..it isn't, it's plainly twaddle!

Opinions are not stupid, unfounded based on nothing more than bigotry is..unless you can counter punch the bigotry claim with something more substantial or enlightened?

Isn't common sense just the set of beliefs we have that we've never really critically examined? Stuff that seems obvious to us but equally might be wrong.

Fair comment. I think common sense is developed as a consequence of life experiences, observations and is a kind of instinct. We say trust your instinct, but an instinct isn't always correct.

---------- Post added 25-01-2017 at 17:00 ----------

I think you're getting confused.

Nobody is saying that everybody must have the same opinion. Some opinions are based on incorrect information and can be easily refuted by facts. Other opinions are are just based on someones likes and dislikes, and so can't be proved right or wrong.

I could have the opinion that London is the most populated city in the world. This could be based visiting London and noting that it was busier than any place I had been, or once hearing from somewhere that it was the most populated. This could however easily be refuted by looking at population statistics. A rational person would then change their opinion in light of the new evidence presented.

I could also have the opinion that London is the best city in the world. This, as it is based on personal opinion, could not the proved right or wrong by others. People could present other information and reasons why other cities are better, which may change my opinion, but equally it might not.

It is the diversity of the latter type of opinion that make life interesting, not the former. It is the former type of opinion which is being presented by some on this thread.

I think you confuse yourself by over analysing comments and throwing common sense out of the window at the same time.

Why is OK for people to make unfounded statements without any evidence but when I point out that those statements are untrue, I need to provide evidence? The burden of proof is on the people making the claim.

Anyway, I've actually already provided links to two websites that try to combat these myths (post #229).

Why don't the people asserting that bisexual people are more likely to cheat provide some evidence?

You my friend stated your opinion as fact. Just as you asked me for evidence on the Royals.

I can't see how either side in your argument can claim a fact. Although you claimed your comments in bold as just that, you are guessing

Fair comment. I think common sense is developed as a consequence of life experiences, observations and is a kind of instinct. We say trust your instinct, but an instinct isn't always correct.

---------- Post added 25-01-2017 at 17:00 ----------

I think you confuse yourself by over analysing comments and throwing common sense out of the window at the same time.

Now you agree that 'common sense' can be wrong, and some opinions can be wrong, will you concede (in the light of the evidence presented) that bisexual people are not more likely to cheat than anyone else?

I'm sure you wouldn't want to hold onto an opinion that has no evidential basis, especially one that unnecessarily casts a negative light on a whole group of people that have nothing in common other than their sexuality.

---------- Post added 25-01-2017 at 18:02 ----------

You my friend stated your opinion as fact. Just as you asked me for evidence on the Royals.

I can't see how either side in your argument can claim a fact. Although you claimed your comments in bold as just that, you are guessing

What? What opinion would that be?

If you're referring to the statement that bisexual people are no more promiscuous or do not cheat more than any other people I provided links to websites that stated that exact thing. I didn't just state an opinion without having anything to back that up, which is what others have been doing.

Provide me with evidence that bisexual people cheat more and I will change my opinion in light of that evidence, as any rational person would.