Magic eye for Sky - COAX CABLE

chris1983

Hi,

i have a second tv in my bedroom and are paying for sky multi room at the moment, its getting cut off on the 20th and want to fix a Magic Eye so i can still watch sky via my box down stairs. My question is; there is a cable connecting my current sky box upstairs to the dish and i know the Magic eye needs a COAX Cable joining my TV up stairs to the box bown stairs, does anyway know if i can disconnect this cable from the Dish and re route to the box downstairs, just so i dont have to but a new cables and start drilling.

Many thanks.

Hi,

i have a second tv in my bedroom and are paying for sky multi room at the moment, its getting cut off on the 20th and want to fix a Magic Eye so i can still watch sky via my box down stairs. My question is; there is a cable connecting my current sky box upstairs to the dish and i know the Magic eye needs a COAX Cable joining my TV up stairs to the box bown stairs, does anyway know if i can disconnect this cable from the Dish and re route to the box downstairs, just so i dont have to but a new cables and start drilling.

Many thanks.

Don't know what a magic eye is but you can disconnect the coax from your sky dish and re-use. Yoy will have to use the same connecters from this cable as they are different form ordinary tv coax cable

Don't know what a magic eye is but you can disconnect the coax from your sky dish and re-use. Yoy will have to use the same connecters from this cable as they are different form ordinary tv coax cable

so i can use the cables but will have to buy some new connectors?

so i can use the cables but will have to buy some new connectors?

You should be able to use existing connecters, they only screw on to cable.

Crimped ones are much better but you will need the correct tool.

Cable from existing sky box . Put magic eye on end of cable where it plugs in to new tv Done it with mine. Can sell you a magic eye £8 if you want one S13 area Problem with doing it with a second box is i dont think it will work without a card in box and cards are only sincronized to one box. :hihi:

Problem with doing it with a second box is i dont think it will work without a card in box and cards are only sincronized to one box. :hihi:

We had multiroom cancelled subscription ... got to keep box & card and is still wired up so you could just use existing box with magic eye ?

Found this link http://www.sky-remotes.com/setup-sky-magic-eye.shtml dont no whether this explains what you want to do .....

Archived