Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Do you have firm evidence for above Janie or is it just hearsay? :huh:

Only what i've read,but i think its accepted as fact as to how it was not long ago,and even worse.

All ready explained that doesn't help, you are sounding more and more like a theist, you have a belief in something, but you avoid every question about how it works. Theists usually say all the information you need is here and then send you to some obscure website.

Only what i've read,but i think its accepted as fact as to how it was not long ago,and even worse.

You shouldn't believe everything you read Janie, bit like bible really:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not at all. Living in a secular state you can believe whatever nonsense you wish which is entirely different from living in a totalitarian pseudo religious state like North Korea.

Okay i was only speculating,but how can any of really know for certain what could happen in the future?

All ready explained that doesn't help, you are sounding more and more like a theist, you have a belief in something, but you avoid every question about how it works. Theists usually say all the information you need is here and then send you to some obscure website.

On the contrary. Theists are always telling you what you believe, I'm simply saying it's up to you to work things out for yourself by either going onto the website I've provided or through some other source of your choosing.

Okay i was only speculating,but how can any of really know for certain what could happen in the future?

http://www.secularism.org.uk/what-is-secularism.html

This bit is fundamental to secularism;

Secularism seeks to ensure and protect freedom of religious belief and practice for all citizens. Secularism is not about curtailing religious freedoms; it is about ensuring that the freedoms of thought and conscience apply equally to all believers and non-believers alike.

Edited by pininsho

You shouldn't believe everything you read Janie, bit like bible really:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

The difference between Biblical History,and those more recent events is that there are living witnesses to tell us about those occurrence's and still people are in denial.

On the contrary. Theists are always telling you what you believe, I'm simply saying it's up to you to work things out for yourself by either going onto the website I've provided or through some other source of your choosing.

No they don't they give vague answered to questions just as you do.

I already have and most people take what they are taught by their parents, and the education system of faith, and not using Critical Thinking. This is why we have a planet full of theists, they are simply doing what humans have done for thousands of years and passing knowledge down from generation to generation and accepting it on faith.

Yes well i might have to go underground later perhaps :(

Especially if they start burning bibles and torturing us like the atheists goverments in North Korea,and like Romania and China were doing until recently.Although i'm not sure whether China has changed that much?

Janie, do you think these governments "tortured you" because they don't believe in God, or because they wanted break your will and crush any hope, forcing you to fear and obey them ?

I already have and most people take what they are taught by their parents, and the education system on trust, and by using their innate Critical Thinking skills.

Once again I've adjusted your statement so it reads more accurately.

This is why we have a planet full of theists, they are simply doing what humans have done for thousands of years and passing knowledge down from generation to generation and accepting it on faith.

But we don't have a planet full of theists as I've already explained. As I said before it's up to you to do the work to hone and refine your innate critical thinking skills if you so wish.