Find my new staffy cross really loving

Contrary to everything I had heard about staffys my newest little rescue furry is the friendliest most loving gentle girl you could imagine. Just wondered what other people thought.

Contrary to everything I had heard about staffys my newest little rescue furry is the friendliest most loving gentle girl you could imagine. Just wondered what other people thought.

Nowt wrong with staffs,treat them right and they are a wonderful dog.

An elderly friend has just adopted a staffy cross (with a labrador, we think) from a dog rescue charity. The bitch is 4 months old and a real handful, as she's been let run wild. But watching her trying so hard to please & remember/obey commands when all she wants to do is to follow her instincts, turns my heart over. She is boisterous and over-friendly, warm, loving and loyal and everything I've ever heard about staffies just doesn't seem to apply to her. She'll make a wonderful, obedient and happy dog & brings a great deal of joy to my friend.

I hope you enjoy your lovely new staffy. I'm sure she's gorgeous.

I used to be a dog groomer and the nicest dogs to groom were staffies. Like all dogs, treat them with love and respect and you`ll get it back.

Hi I got Max a staffy x last sept and hes the most loyal brilliant dog I think I have ever known I can't believe that I love him as much as my kids. Its like having another child he's 17 months and we all love him, we have enjoyed having him that we have just got another staffy x Cassie 14 months old and exactly the same can't believe how lucky we are to have such wonderful joyful animals in our lives. Even when my 21 year old shouts them in from in back garden he shouts come on kids, its so funny and they respond like they are kids. Love em and would definitely not be without them!

I have a Staffy cross called Roxy. She is so soft and gentle. Loves cuddles more than anything in the world. Loves all people and other dogs. She's actually a bit of a scardey cat! If another dog barks, growls or snaps at her she just jumps backwards or runs away! Doesn't retaliate at all. Not got an aggressive bone in her body. She's such a softy. She's even scared of her squeaky ball! She picks it up really slowly and gently so it doesn't squeak. But if she grabs it a bit too hard and it makes a noise, she drops it and runs away from it!

Rosiequartz, I'm glad you have found a lovely friend.

I have a small male staffy who we rescued from the pound in November. To say he is fantastic is an understatement. He has brought tremendous fun and joy into my life. My previous dog was a x breed and when I mentioned to friends/family that I was thinking of getting a staffy all the prejudices/mis-information were trotted out. I am really glad I didn't listen to them and had done my research properly.

My dog is incredibly friendly, both with people and other dogs. Only a month after we got him and whilst on the lead , he was attacked by a Jack Russell and Shatner barely batted an eyelid. I was more upset than he was!

He is the happiest dog I have ever met. He definitely benefits from lots of exercise, but as long as he is chasing a ball or trying to drag an enormous branch behind him, his tail is normally wagging at 90 miles an hour. He is a lovely combination of boisterous energy and laid back - if you can imagine such a thing. He is incredibly affectionate and just wants to please.

I am really glad I got a staffy and will sing his praises to anyone who will listen :D