Man filming people in hospital waiting room

Shaney,

You do right! Sounds a little creepy this guy!

It sounds like someone filming in a hospital. Perhaps it was for a documentary? Nothing the OP says actually gives a sign that the person had any suspect motives. Being 'discreet' when filming in a public place is a good idea, so that you film your subject behaving as normally as possible.

Anyone being filmed in a hospital or medical context would normally need to sign a release form if this is a professional project of any kind. There are implications around privacy and confidentiality that come up in this case. The hospital would be responsible for informing anyone present that filming is taking place and giving them the opportunity to exclude themselves from the filming should they wish.

It sounds suspicious and/or naive to me so you probably did the right thing in this case!

It is perfectly legal to film people in public going about their usual business with a few exceptions in certain parts of London and if you're filming military personnel or installations.

This includes children but it is normally polite/sensible to seek permission from parents before filming children in public! Obviously, filming children in swimwear in public etc. is very much a 'no no' without permission.

Hope this helps!

Ed @ Sort Of...Films Ltd.

I don't think so. Although the hospital could ask him to stop as he's on / in private property.

He is actually, you can't film people in a private place without their consent, so unless he asked the Hospital reception or the people in the waiting room, he's breaking privacy laws, especially if he plans to film them and put the film on Youtube or Facebook or wherever.

I was in the waitting room at the RHH today. There was a man filming people in the waitting room. He was trying to be discreet but i spotted him..at first i wasn't sure but then i watched him closley and he was filming people.. How weird.. I reported him to the nurse in charge, don't know what happened after, i was called in.. Any1 ever noticed this kind of incident before? Or this weird man :loopy::loopy:

What waiting room was it in?

I did hear there is a horror film due to be released called 'The Curse of the Waiting Room'

Hi this incident as been fully delt with.

Eh? Is that text speak?

Eh? Is that text speak?

It's not text speak, it's bad spelling, there's a difference :D

It's not text speak, it's bad spelling, there's a difference :D

Text speak would probably be easier to read than that load of garbage.

If you look upwards in a lot of places you'll sometimes see cameras attached to the ceiling. I was in a restaurant and I noticed these little dome cameras everywhere. Why do they want to film me eating? It's creepy.

It's creepy and ridiculous.

maybe he was undercover reporting on ridiculas waiting times

If you look upwards in a lot of places you'll sometimes see cameras attached to the ceiling. I was in a restaurant and I noticed these little dome cameras everywhere. Why do they want to film me eating? It's creepy.

Maybe they're not filming you, but they're filming the staff?