Water supply on Meersbrook allotments

Does anyone know the councils plans for fixing the water taps on the Meersbrook site? I'm going to call the allotments office tomorrow I think, but just wondered if anyone on here already knows? I got my letter through the other day about rent rates for the year, and feel slightly annoyed at having to pay for water that I can't access.

Being a newbie plot owner, my new water butts are completely empty, and with the complete lack of rain I'm not keen to plant anything out as I can't water it.

Does anyone know the councils plans for fixing the water taps on the Meersbrook site? I'm going to call the allotments office tomorrow I think, but just wondered if anyone on here already knows? I got my letter through the other day about rent rates for the year, and feel slightly annoyed at having to pay for water that I can't access.

Being a newbie plot owner, my new water butts are completely empty, and with the complete lack of rain I'm not keen to plant anything out as I can't water it.

Meersbrook has a good society who I am sure will be in touch and well informed by the allotment department. I'm certain that if you approach them they will be able to answer your question

Meersbrook has a good society who I am sure will be in touch and well informed by the allotment department. I'm certain that if you approach them they will be able to answer your question

wouldn't hold your breath LOL

I think the water is turned back around the end of March - best to get in touch with Ceri or Michael (the allotment officers) who will be able to clarify. Most of the brass taps were nicked last year and I'm not sure whether they've been able to repair all of them.

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

Guest sibon
wouldn't hold your breath LOL

I think the water is turned back around the end of March - best to get in touch with Ceri or Michael (the allotment officers) who will be able to clarify. Most of the brass taps were nicked last year and I'm not sure whether they've been able to repair all of them.

Given the amount that they are charging for rent now, the Meersbrook plot holders should be putting pressure on them to get things fixed immediately. Our water has been on for a fortnight on Hangingwater.

Given the amount that they are charging for rent now, the Meersbrook plot holders should be putting pressure on them to get things fixed immediately. Our water has been on for a fortnight on Hangingwater.

speaking of rent increases.. Sheffield Allotment and Leisure Gardens Fed were trying to stop these rises happening. Unfortunately they were roundly ignored and I know that at a recent AAG meeting they had to abstain from the vote. This is because the Fed does not enjoy the active support it once had. Yes, I'm aware that Hangingwater and most other sites are affiliated with SALGF and National.. but how much do you know of their activities? Are you involved in SALGF activities? If the answer is no to these questions then.. to be frank and meaning no offense.. you havent really got a right to complain... you all allowed this to happen. You made your beds... now allotment holders on council sites have to lie in it

speaking of rent increases.. Sheffield Allotment and Leisure Gardens Fed were trying to stop these rises happening. Unfortunately they were roundly ignored and I know that at a recent AAG meeting they had to abstain from the vote. This is because the Fed does not enjoy the active support it once had. Yes, I'm aware that Hangingwater and most other sites are affiliated with SALGF and National.. but how much do you know of their activities? Are you involved in SALGF activities? If the answer is no to these questions then.. to be frank and meaning no offense.. you havent really got a right to complain... you all allowed this to happen. You made your beds... now allotment holders on council sites have to lie in it

:blush:

Oh where to start...:rolleyes:

Guest sibon

I tend to steer clear of committees and associations. I find them to be populated by pompous people, who like the sound of their own voice too much to listen to others.

I don't have any issue with rent increases to be honest! When I initially received my invoice detailing how much it would cost for the year I was shocked at how cheap it was for how big my plot is. What annoys me is that I'm paying for water I have no access to. They either need to get the water taps fixed, or we need to stop paying for water, one or the other.

Guest sibon
I don't have any issue with rent increases to be honest! When I initially received my invoice detailing how much it would cost for the year I was shocked at how cheap it was for how big my plot is. What annoys me is that I'm paying for water I have no access to. They either need to get the water taps fixed, or we need to stop paying for water, one or the other.

Which was the point that I was trying to make before I got a lecture:wink:

Now that the charges are as high as they are, the service needs to be top notch. It very often isn't.

Don't forget the water charge isn't for the full year. Which part of the site are you on ? It might be worth trying some of the other taps - I seem to recall they are on several different circuits.

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link