Water supply on Meersbrook allotments

Oh it's not that the water isn't turned on, I know that only happens from April. It's that all the water points I have seen have had their taps severed off by people up to no good. If anyone knows a tap on the Meersbrook site that is still present and working then I would much appreciate hearing about it please.

ah, getcha now - it's curry night tonight with a few of my friends from the lottie, so I'll ask them if they know of any working taps :)

ah, getcha now - it's curry night tonight with a few of my friends from the lottie, so I'll ask them if they know of any working taps :)

Ah lovely thanks very much!

Ah lovely thanks very much!

hi - yup it's me :)

Apparently there have been people out on site fixing taps today - not sure whether they have replaced all or just some ... helpful huh !

Got any chickens yet ?

hi - yup it's me :)

Apparently there have been people out on site fixing taps today - not sure whether they have replaced all or just some ... helpful huh !

Got any chickens yet ?

Hi! Oh, that's very good news, means something's being done at least.

Not got chickens yet...after having our plot broken into and our polytunnel vandalised slightly, I'm a bit concerned re the welfare of the chickens. Seems people just break in to cause destruction for fun.

The tap on the corner by 248 has been replaced but is still dry.

Been on today, lovely new taps to see, and the water is on! Thanks all for your posts :)

Hi All,

Our ranger went to turn the supply on today, following the completion of the installation of the new taps (which are plastic, so hopefully won't get stolen!). I'm afraid he found some leaks, and had to turn the supply off again. The leaks have been reported for urgent repair; we will get the supply back on as soon as possible.

with regards

Ceri Ashton on behalf of Sheffield City Council Allotment Office