Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

ALZYMER

hi, my name is Michael Cooke and I went to Owler Lane in 1962 and then to Hinde House in '63. I'm two years behind Geoff Worth but I did play in '67 for the first XI along with a couple of people who were in the same year as Geoff Worth. My cousin is Geoff Searson, a couple of years in front of you

I enjoyed playing for the school, apart from when St. Peters beat us 9-1. They had about 4 of that years Sheffield Boys in their side including Ronnie Bryan and Johnny Cooke. They never allowed me to live that down!

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

can anybody remember a Dennis Wales who went to the School would have been there in the early fifties.

Dennis Wales was there in my year 1948 to 1953. Some other names I remember from the same period:- Aiden Andersen, Arthur Bell, Ron Brindley,George Curbishley, Billy Gribbon, Kevin lint, Graham Cox,Michael Lord,Tony Bridges, Raymond Race, Fred Olerenshaw and his cousin Vielia, Barry Mawson, Barry? Steadmans, ? Otter, Tony Hatfield, Alan Woodriff, 'Easy' Eason, Kieth Cooper (who was expelled for a fight with Mr MaCauley(Geography teacher?) at the time, Bob Smith(head boy in last year) I have a photo somewhere of form 5A, all boys in the last year. If I can find it I might remember some more but that was a hell of a strain on the old memory recall:gag:

I have spoken to Ralph O'Dpnnell a couple of times recently. He has moved with his family to Weymouth and is keeping well. He has many a good story to tell and I love talking to him. Does anybody remember his Geography lessons when we used to leave an Owls programme on the front desk. Not much geography got done then. I remember gong to Burnley for a night match when Ralph was playing and I showed him the prog. the next day at the beginning of his class. Needless to say, we took his mind off the Andes and whatever.

Does anyone remember Miss Baldock, and the nice young lady who took us for Biology ( poor sod)

Geoffusa

Hi Geoff,wasn't Miss Baldock the maiden name of our beloved Mrs Bermingham?She was our home room teacher for four years and quit teaching soon after.I was always worried that we might have soured her on the teaching profession but apparently this was not the case.I heard that the kids who she got after us were a right set of malicious little thugs and they put her off teaching.I've been rereading this entire thread and,for some reason,some innocuous posts have been removed.A couple of them were about the so-called strike when Mr O Donnell was sacked following his taking time off to go to Africa with Sheffield Wednesday.Give him my best when you next talk to him.He was a great teacher.

No,she taught English.The only young lady teacher I can remember was the lady who taught us French in the first year.I think her name was Miss Sourbutts.All the other female teachers were quite old.Mrs Fairest,Mrs Cook.Mrs Lucock and Mrs McDonald are all names that come to mind.Mrs Fairest taught history and was the only teacher allowed to cane girls.Mrs McDonald taught girls PE and that stupid bloody folk dancing.She was as serious as a heart attack and I never once saw her smile.