The Strines Menu

discodown

If I were going to sit down and design an idyllic pub in a perfect setting I actually wouldn't bother, its been done for me. To my mind there are few better pubs than the picture perfect Strines. I adore it, at every time of year with the changing seasons the scenery is stunning and its heartbreakingly good.

Until you look at the menu and order something.

Its not that the food is especially bad. Its ok.

Its nice.

Its alright.

Thats not good enough though. For a pub that good in such a perfect setting the food should be way better. It should be better thought about. More seasonal, more local. More lovingly put together, it should speak to me and make me want to order it and it doesn't. I want it too though. I want the Strines menu to sing and dance rather than wheeze and shuffle like it does.

So thats the challenge foodies. Strines Spring menu. What should be on it?

Impress me

“I hate a good many things, but I suffer them all the same.”

Stannis Baratheon

If I were going to sit down and design an idyllic pub in a perfect setting I actually wouldn't bother, its been done for me. To my mind there are few better pubs than the picture perfect Strines. I adore it, at every time of year with the changing seasons the scenery is stunning and its heartbreakingly good.

Until you look at the menu and order something.

Its not that the food is especially bad. Its ok.

Its nice.

Its alright.

Thats not good enough though. For a pub that good in such a perfect setting the food should be way better. It should be better thought about. More seasonal, more local. More lovingly put together, it should speak to me and make me want to order it and it doesn't. I want it too though. I want the Strines menu to sing and dance rather than wheeze and shuffle like it does.

So thats the challenge foodies. Strines Spring menu. What should be on it?

Impress me

No food is grown locally not really the area for anything but sheep .

No food is grown locally not really the area for anything but sheep .
Depends on your definition of local. For arguments sake lets say within 25 miles of the pub that gives you loads of scope while staying fairly local

Stannis Baratheon

I want things on a menu that I'm unlikely or unable to cook at home. It doesn't have to be expensive or too fancy, it can have familiar ingredients but put together in an interesting and adventurous way.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Couldn't agree more. But I and I guess you could pretty much make a good effort at most things on the current menu.

How do we make it better?

Stannis Baratheon