DJ Looking for any gig or Opportunity (No looking for Payment)

wolve101

Not true actually. The price of hiring all the equipment (decks, amplifiers, speakers, microphones, lighting, stands etc) is generally more expensive and a much lower quality than what you'd get paying for a DJ.

It's a standing joke in the DJ community that the cheapest way to hire a quality PA is to book a disco!

this is true, i hire gear out and charge more than if i was there with it...one reason being other ppl dont know how to use it properly and also cos its not there gear they dont give a **** about it, this is why you get much cheaper quality stuff on dry hire...anyway back to the original post, does the dj have his own gear??? he is welcome to be my roadie for a while to learn the ropes as i have quite a few double/tripple bookings... give me a call and we can have a chat m8,

I am a new DJ that is looking for an opportunity to DJ anywhere, for free. My main music is chart, but also indie and 90s with other styles featuring. I have contacted many different places in Sheffield looking for an opportunity and 6 months later still nothing.

This is is surprising. Most Sheffield bar,clubs and promoters would sack off their experienced payed DJ in a heartbeat if they can get an inexperienced kid in for free. I'm sure this sounds like sarcasm but I'm actually being serious.

Hi. Are you a creative DJ. For example you make your own mixes (mash ups) such as would be heard at a night club. The reason I ask is that I have a songriting project and am seeking a programmer mixer etc. The role within the songwriting group will be to provide beats and bass etc as well as other creative sounds etc. The current team is guitar, keyboards, female singer. The project is serious and we have top music industry conacts. The material is r&b with a commercial slant such as would be played in dance clubs. Ideal opportunity for someone starting out who is creative and understands what young people are listening to know and what is upcoming in terms of feels and beats etc. I hope you may be interested as this may be a good starting point if what we are doing suits you rather than just looking to knock out hits in pubs etc. If so please get in touch. 07986 510629. Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...