Halifax road death two years on

Punishment for various crimes is far to soft in this country!

Capital punishment should be brought back, I would volunteer to press the button.

Agreed....Capital punishment for some crimes, But lets make prisons a place of punishment and not a nice soft option full of PC. And like my old Mum says "bring back cat o nine tails " they wont do it twice....... Think she might be right....

Agreed....Capital punishment for some crimes, But lets make prisons a place of punishment and not a nice soft option full of PC. And like my old Mum says "bring back cat o nine tails " they wont do it twice....... Think she might be right....

For people like Cox, it would be the only thing that would have any effect. Someone who thinks that a 5 year sentence (serving 2 and a half) plus a 10 year ban for killing someone while racing his high powered car on a busy road, is too steep, well, words just can't describe his complete ignorance and lack of care and respect.

I can't believe his driving ban started whilst he is in prison...

Whether its 100k signatures you need or not, I think you're doing a great thing in memory and justice for your Mum. I hope the support you're getting is helping you. I'm sure it's a help being able to focus on something. I'm on a silly phone, but I will sign.

Good luck to you, and so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you're going through.

x

I can't believe his driving ban started whilst he is in prison...

x

Do they not take prison time into account when giving out driving bans? If not then that is ridiculous.

I would have thought they would take it into account, so if for example they wanted someone to have a 2 year driving ban, they would actually give a 4 year ban to someone who has been sent down for 2 years.

Do they not take prison time into account when giving out driving bans? If not then that is ridiculous.

I would have thought they would take it into account, so if for example they wanted someone to have a 2 year driving ban, they would actually give a 4 year ban to someone who has been sent down for 2 years.

Thats would seem like the sensible thing to do i agree.

We will it ever end for jojo23, we have just received a phone call this morning to tell us that Simon chevons has launched yet another appeal. The grounds for this one is that he was not speeding because he would have left skid marks when he turned left just after crash had happened to make his getaway, also his car has an attachment that makes it sound loud which makes people think he is going fast, so 13 witnesses at different points all made that mistake, 13 witnesses all saw the cars side by side,all saw his car in front at one point, now the other driver admitted he was speeding and his speed at the point of the crash was over 65mph.

This weasel is trying any method to get off, the same man who was up for causing death by dangerous driving was caught driving with no insurance less than six months after, has shown no remorse, I hope as the last appeal that was turned down, this one is too, perhaps instead of thinking of ways to get out of jail, he should be reflecting on the devestation he has caused.

Edited by Hangman

Unfortunately, driving bans do start from the moment the prison sentence does. Good old law system......