Charlton Athletic Football Club

Speed Demon

United had nowhere near a comfortable cushion, 5 points at this stage of the season is nothing and can be altered in a couple of games as we have seen, I wouldn't be anywhere near comfortable with a 5 point gap and 4 games remaining never mind a dozen. As for the 2 games in hand they mean nothing unless you win em, you can't take em for granted especially at this stage of the season when most teams have everything to play for whether it be a late play off push or avoiding relegation.

Charlton need to continue with the current blip to give either Sheffield club a chance and they need to go off the boil good and proper in all honesty but anyone who reads the Sheffield Football section will tell you that I don't find Charlton to be that good, despite a convincing win against Chesterfield they haven't shown me much to think they are a top of the league team this season and instead are playing old school United grinding out lucky results football, both Sheffield teams I feel are capable of better football than them. At the end of the day Charlton need to Drop 4 games while United or Wednesday win four, thats a third of remaining games, still possible.

Why can't they just bugger off and let both Sheffield clubs get automatic promotion this season and give us Sheffield clubs what we both deserve, surely they are due a bad run of form, does anyone think it will happen any day soon?

Neither Sheffield club deserve promotion ...

On what grounds? The last time I checked, a team deserved promotion if it finished in the top two.

The OP seems to think the two Sheffield sides deserve promotion more the club who is top. So on what grounds do two sides nine points below and whom we got ten points out of four games deserve it more than us?

Edited by CheekyBandit

I didn't ask a question of the OP. I asked one of you. Have the courtesy to answer it before asking me a question of your own.

The OP (and some others) seems to think the team who is top doesn't deserve to be promoted.IMO anyone holding that view surely must think inferior teams like the two Sheffield sides (head to head results of each and us being proof) deserve promotion even less.

The OP (and some others) seems to think the team who is top doesn't deserve to be promoted.IMO anyone holding that view surely must think inferior teams like the two Sheffield sides (head to head results of each and us being proof) deserve promotion even less.

I didn't ask for the OP's reasoning. I asked for yours. Did you have any?