Where do you store your digital photos?

mosaic

Hi,

I don't want to store photos in my laptop anymore, as it slows it right down and if it ever breaks down then that's it. I've heard about storing photos online, do you do that and what site would you recommend?

Thanks.

You must have an incredible amount of photos to slow your laptop down. There may be many other possibilities as to why your laptop is running slow.

There are many to choose from. The best known one will be Flickr ... I have been a member for 4 years now and have a pro account.

If you have a Live Mail (Hotmail) account you get a whopping 25GB of free storage on Windows Live SkyDrive and you could store your photos on there as well. Two backups are better than one. :)

Also Homepcbackup is good, 5 quid a month for unlimited data backup. it's automated as well so you set a schedule and what folders you want backed up and it does it all for you, keeping everything up to date.

Not heard of Homepcbackup.

I like Dropbox for syncing files. 2GB for free.

SugarSync offer 5GB free, but have not used it myself.

I have pictures on 2 computers and an external drive. hard to keep it all synced when you are as slack as I am! Aslo no use if you get seriously robbed or your house burns down!

Much easier to use homepcbackup - you upload them onto what ever computer you have HPCbackup installed and it automatically backs up your documents or what ever folder it is you have selected.

I really should set up an account!

I have pictures on 2 computers and an external drive. hard to keep it all synced when you are as slack as I am! Aslo no use if you get seriously robbed or your house burns down!

Much easier to use homepcbackup - you upload them onto what ever computer you have HPCbackup installed and it automatically backs up your documents or what ever folder it is you have selected.

I really should set up an account!

So it is similar to Dropbox and SugarSync? I will have a look. :)

ETA: If I have looked at the correct website it does not appear to offer syncing of files just the backing up of files.

Edited by Emmie92
Extra information