Help - what pushchair to choose

Hi

Am looking at pushchairs and there are so many to choose from. I am after something which is easy to fold, fits in a small boot and good for plenty of walks. I dont want to spend too much but want to have a good car seat to match.Any recommendations??

I have bought mothercares own - my 4. Fantastic price and fits the maxi Cosy car seat. It is really easy to fold down and it's so small when folded - easily fits in the boot of our polo. I have been up in the peaks with it and had no problem and it's really easy to steer round shops too. Got it on baby plan so everytime an offercame on it I was refunded the difference. Couldn't recommend the pram highly enough!xx

Its a trade off between something that has slightly larger wheels, but will roll nicely on uneven surfaces, like the threewheel outdoor sort or the small wheel sort that is lighter and folds more compact, but will get stuck in sand, potholes etc. We had both, depending where we were going. if you can afford only one, which aspect is more important?

I have a petite star zia and absolutely love it! can get them for less than £100, fold small are very light and easy to move.

Our three wheeler has had little use really. The baby carrier (which is suitable up to age 4) has had much more use, as it can manage ALL terrains, and is much more mobile in shopping centres, and takes up NO room in the boot at all!

The majority of buggies these days are so specific to use that they just don't do a good all round job. Bumping ours up stairs is an absolute nightmare as the suspension system flexes so you have no control over its bumping, for instance

Before shelling out on a travel system, remember that your baby won't be tiny for very long! I didn't want to spend huge amounts of money replacing prams at every stage, and it worked out cheaper for us to buy separates.

We bought a separate fixed car seat that should last ages (I knew I wouldn't be able to carry a baby in a car seat for many weeks - too heavy). We also got a M&P Luna which has a carrycot. We also used the carrycot as a moses basket in the house until the baby was big enough for his cot. My son was only in the carrycot for a month or so, and the Luna should last until he's toddling.

I've got a small car, and the pram just fits in, but it's a real squash when we go on holiday, so we've bought a £35 buggy for holidays and days out and use the big pram day to day. That will also hopefully last until the lad is walking! :)