Folk music venues

Hi,

The Rock at Maltby, harthill ( the beehive), The Bath hotel has sessions on as well as Flynns on trippett lane.

Been going to the Greystones recently, good website, Lau recently were excellent.

There is the folk train which goes out to derbyshire...just google it or search this forum for current details.

other folk will be able to expand what I have said....

There's lots going on- it depends on what you are looking for - Sessions all over the place other than the ones already mentioned: Fagans, Hillsborough Hotel, Kellam Island Tavern, White Lion ( Heeley). Sing arounds in places like the Red Deer. More folk club like set ups in Rutland Hotel( 2nd Sat of the month), Princess Royal and others . Quite a few places do regular concerts including the Shakespear where we do a session every 2nd Tuesday. Hope that's enough to start with ! J

There is the folk train which goes out to derbyshire...just google it or search this forum for current details.

other folk will be able to expand what I have said....

The band that played on the folk train last Tuesday play at quite a few places in and around Sheffield. You'll find a full gig guide if you click one of the links in my signature. I'm told they are rather good.

To add to the places already mentioned, there's also a small but well-formed singers' session at the Gardeners Rest on first Wednesdays (though it's on the second this month for some reason) and there is a Carolan session on first Mondays at the White Lion - this coming Monday. The Thursday night session at the Cherry Tree on Carterknowle Road, while not folk -all types of unplugged acoustic music welcome - is pretty good too.

Archived