Faced with a dilemma

DannyOwls

I have read threads on here before about these 4 day tiling an plastering courses, and there asnt been much Possitive feedback about them. But the job I'm doin at the moment I can't stand and I'm fed up of been treat like rubbish, but my uncles told be if I do one of these 4 day coureses to get a basic insight into tiling he can work me for a few days but nothing guaranteed, so what do I doo? And 300 pound to chuck at 4 days is quite a lot for me at the moment, so really don't no what to do :/ but can't do this job any longer, HELP!

Spend your £300 on tiles/basic equipment,and tile your bathroom.Use the internet for knowledge.These course's will teach you nothing that you can't already read about on the internet.But it will take you a lot more han 4 days to be at a good and competent level.

Spend your £300 on tiles/basic equipment,and tile your bathroom.Use the internet for knowledge.These course's will teach you nothing that you can't already read about on the internet.But it will take you a lot more han 4 days to be at a good and competent level.

I would second this,but the OP is an owl so it shouldnt take him too long to grasp it:hihi:

I no but I need the basics won't I, ca t just pik a tile up and off I go, what about all different adhesives cuts and estimating materials

The Internet is a powerful tool, if used correctly,theres a hell of a lot more knowledge to be found on there than you could ever learn from a 4 day course.

I would prefer to pay a tiler the £300 if they were willing to take me on a few jobs,and show me the basics.

The Internet is a powerful tool, if used correctly,theres a hell of a lot more knowledge to be found on there than you could ever learn from a 4 day course.

I would prefer to pay a tiler the £300 if they were willing to take me on a few jobs,and show me the basics.

In my day, the plasterer would take you on and pay a small wage to you as well. We had a name for it, let me think a moment - ah yes

An Apprenticeship. Where have they gone?.

Angel.

Archived