Anyone know about TV Satellite?

pearcy2k8

You do not really need a satellite meter as long as you know where abouts to point the dish (looking at your neighbours dish for example) then once you have the signal quality then you can screw in the dish and turn it side to side to get the maximum signal strength. I just think them satellite meters are a waste of time and money to be fair unless you live in an area without any neighbours.

Indeed. I re-aligned our dish after the window cleaner knocked it out.

I just ran a normal TV aerial from the RF out to a portable TV outside, pointing upwards so I could see it from the ladders, set the screen to the signal strength page in the settings and moved the dish about.

I think it took me 1/2 an hour start to finish

What was ironic is that in doing so I managed to get both strength & quality to maximum, something the installer didn't and he had a 'proper' meter.

Indeed. I re-aligned our dish after the window cleaner knocked it out.

I just ran a normal TV aerial from the RF out to a portable TV outside, pointing upwards so I could see it from the ladders, set the screen to the signal strength page in the settings and moved the dish about.

I think it took me 1/2 an hour start to finish

What was ironic is that in doing so I managed to get both strength & quality to maximum, something the installer didn't and he had a 'proper' meter.

That's the best way of doing it, who needs a signal meter really?

No, its different because Sky told my step mum when he installed it. Must be the polarity and stuff

Well the man from Sky is either an idiot, or was lying to stop your step mum's questions.

There are six satellites used for satellite broadcasts in the UK, all of which are located in the same position in the sky and are receivable across the UK.