Where can you drive remote control car

Hi

Im just wondering if anyone can shed a little light on what happened to my husband and little boy today.

They took their remote control cars to the park this morning. To get to the park you have to walk down a gravell road which goes past a plant nursery and a builders.

My husband and son (who is only 5) got verbally abused by a man saying it was private property and they where not allowed to drive their cars on that road.

Is this true ? I assumed the road would be a public right of way as it leads to the park. Plus you get people driving cars (real ones)down there so what harm can a small remote one do.

Hi

Im just wondering if anyone can shed a little light on what happened to my husband and little boy today.

They took their remote control cars to the park this morning. To get to the park you have to walk down a gravell road which goes past a plant nursery and a builders.

My husband and son (who is only 5) got verbally abused by a man saying it was private property and they where not allowed to drive their cars on that road.

Is this true ? I assumed the road would be a public right of way as it leads to the park. Plus you get people driving cars (real ones)down there so what harm can a small remote one do.

Cause a big car to swerve and crash perhaps (theoretically), cause a pedestrian to fall (theoretically). Health and safety by the looks of it. Not knowing the park I would summise that the drive into it is in fact the property of the Recreation dept up to the junction of the main road.

Hi

:confused:Was a valid tax disc being displayed?

If there was nobody around for the toy cars to injure :roll: then the fellah should probably go and get a life.

I'd ignore him, I can't see the police (or anyone else) rushing out to deal with a father and son playing with toy cars if he rang them and reported you :help:

EDIT: I'd be interested to find out who DOES own the road though

Edited by RootsBooster

Get yourself a remote control tank and a remote control plane and see if the old git comes out next time.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any large open spaces, grass or tarmac that i can run a nitro car without offending walkers, dog walkers etc...?:)

Thanks !

Best bet is to look for someone with private land and ask if you can use it for a few hours. Normally they'll let you freely, i used to do that when i had my RC car.

i run mine in the car park across from the wednesday ground and hillsborough park never had a complaint

i run mine in the car park across from the wednesday ground and hillsborough park never had a complaint

Good to know thanks, I am local to that area. :thumbsup:

I see a lot off people take there's to that little track thing on wooly wood bottom or try that temp carpark near arean that's were I used to take mine

I have some land (fields and woodland) where you could build an awesome extreme race track or just practise with your offroad rc turbo nitro radio remote controlled cars. We also have a track and land that is currently used for bmx, motocross, enduro, downhill, mountain and quad bikes.

Grant Kangley 077 889 32 889

I have some land (fields and woodland) where you could build an awesome extreme race track or just practise with your offroad rc turbo nitro radio remote controlled cars. We also have a track and land that is currently used for bmx, motocross, enduro, downhill, mountain and quad bikes.

Grant Kangley 077 889 32 889